hey guys,

I've been playing guitar for over a year now. The amp that i use is a line 6 spider 15w. im looking for a new amp that i could get for a reasonable price with good reliability and quality. some people have told me marshall amps are good but im not sure. if you guys could give some info about some good amps it will help me alot.

Thanks
not simply marshall amps, certain marshall amp models are good, this is a common misconception from new players. the companies that make some of the best guitars/amps often make some of the worst.
Thing about Marshall's is that they have a very characteristic tone, but it comes at a price, and its not reasonable. You're better off starting with a budget amp if you want anything less than $1000. However we can't really recommend anything unless we know what sound you want.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
I'm a big fan of slash so i looking for a tone similar to his, and im looking for an amp for around 700$ or less.
Quote by slashout305
I'm a big fan of slash so i looking for a tone similar to his, and im looking for an amp for around 700$ or less.

I believe Bugera's got a new line coming out, lemmie check.

Edit: http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/1990.aspx or http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/1960.aspx
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Jul 27, 2009,
some people have told me to look at Marshall's MG4 series but i've gotten mixed comments about them
Quote by slashout305
some people have told me to look at Marshall's MG4 series but i've gotten mixed comments about them

this is exactly what i was talking about, SOME marshalls are good, mg series? no. Haze? no.
no mixed reviews, they are just bad.
If you're willing to spend around 700 dollars, get a tube amp. If you can't hear the difference between a quality tube amp and any solid state amp, you will with time. I know last year I was looking for a larger, more powerful amp that will sound good when jamming with a band and I bought a Marshall MG250. I fell into thinking that Marshall's were all great...and they are, as long as you get a tube Marshall. Since then I have bought a Peavey 5150, because I love the raw distortion sound that you can get through it without, what amp you get is all about personal preference, but tubes are definitely the way to go, and if you love EVH, heavy grunge, ozzy, etc, you will love what a 5150 can do for you. I got mine for 700 dollars used. (2x12)