Ok I've been in this process of getting the tone I want.
I got myself a Vox AC4TV since I wanted a British bluesy sound.

I've been looking for a stratocaster since that's the guitar I want.

I went to a guitar shop today and tried : (prices are in Canadian Currency)

SQUIER 400.00 $

Made In Mexixo - Black Maple 650.00 $

Made In USA - Sunburst Maple 1450.00 $

My mind is playing games with me right now, I loved the Squier strat. Great SRV look, neck felt amazing to my hand, polished headstock just like the new MIA ones.

Of course I felt in heaven with the MIA stratocaster but the price is way out of my league.

Right now I have this Godin Exit 22, wich is an amazing guitar that doesn't give me the tone I want. I paid about 600.00 $ for it and I could maybe get like 250.00-270.00 for it, wich sets me another 150.00 for the Squier.

They could order me Dimarzio pickups for the neck I would replace with something vintage, much more clearer. I would probably buy an area 67.

I'm so ****ing confused right now... How come I loved the Squier ?
Get the Squire, the Classic Vibes are amazing, or find a used MIM strat, but it's up to you.
I've never played a higher end squier, but if I were you I would definitely consider buying it. ESPECIALLY if you fell in love with it while trying it.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
I'd get a used MIM strat. They're much better than any squire imo. You probably won't need to change out the pickups unless you play metal.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Not all squiers are bad, if you like it get it. but why not put new pickups in your godin?

also if its just the tone thats the problem you should look more into getting a new amp.
Squier.

Try the MM and if it feels the same, gives the same tone your after, go for the cheaper option.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I love my classic vibe. The finish is heads and shoulders better than any MIM. Its got alnico pickups instead of ceramics in the MIMs (I think) if that matters to you. The name on the headstock is the only problem with it. When I bought it I got crap from my friends along the lines of "dude you bought a squier??" I did and I dont regret it.

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
a friend of mine has a squier. although i personally only find minor blemishes and quality control issuses between a mim and mia (can't feel or hear a difference), i DEFINITELY can feel and hear differences from a squier to my mim. do what fits your budget, but there is a big jump, in my opinion, to get a mim.
Quote by grades231
a friend of mine has a squier. although i personally only find minor blemishes and quality control issuses between a mim and mia (can't feel or hear a difference), i DEFINITELY can feel and hear differences from a squier to my mim. do what fits your budget, but there is a big jump, in my opinion, to get a mim.

ok you said "a squier" we are talkin classic vibes, you are gonna have to specify which kind of squier

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em