I bet there's is a lot of UG members out there that actually can scream (I don't know.. like trivium or BFMV). I need help with the technique, because I need to learn how to do it properly... Can someone give me some tips or links to places where I can learn? (I'm a complete newbie)
There's a growling thread in the Metal forum. I think it covers screaming.
To reason why I need to learn this is because the singer in my band can't do both clean vocals and screaming, because if he screams he can't do the clean properly after
Scream from your eyes, not your stomach. That's how many people get it so wrong.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Andreasdarude
To reason why I need to learn this is because the singer in my band can't do both clean vocals and screaming, because if he screams he can't do the clean properly after

I can, ha ha!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Scream from your eyes, not your stomach. That's how many people get it so wrong

I personally scream from the nose, just don't be anywhere within 3 metres in front of me when I do it.

On a serious note, the growling thread in the metal forum covers screaming.
ಥ_ಥ
Last edited by arsonite at Jul 27, 2009,
Yup thats how I do it: you have to imagin you're using your diaphragm to force all the air out of your nose.

The growling thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075341&highlight=growling
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
i scream from my penis... and i cum blood.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by KeetarPlaya123
Why dont you just sing normally?(puts flame suit on and will probably regret saying this)

Because the music can be interesting if you expand your vocal style. In TS's case, he's using both clean singing and screaming.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by bananahammock
i scream from my penis... and i cum blood.

I wanna sig this
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by Andreasdarude
I bet there's is a lot of UG members out there that actually can scream (I don't know.. like trivium or BFMV). I need help with the technique, because I need to learn how to do it properly... Can someone give me some tips or links to places where I can learn? (I'm a complete newbie)

I.....must......flame.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Flam?

And no, don't flame, because if you do, you're a retard.

ok i won't....for now.
Quote by vinnie-watt5
I wanna sig this

please do. i know im rather awesome
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.