Hey UG,

If you had £500 and you needed an amp with amazing cleans.You have an OD pedal so you don't need good amp distortion.It needs to be loud enough for you to do pub gigs.

Go for it what would you get?

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue, otherwise known as the DRRI, amazing cleans, about 22 watts, so perfect for the pub scene
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
you could go blues jr, and have some cash left over. i had one for a while, and it had some of the best cleans i've heard. be prepared for a speaker swap, though
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Fender Hot Rod Deville. Great cleans and it takes pedals extremely well.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
isn't the Fender Twin famous for having immaculate cleans that sound freaking good? what Gehnray of moozic? rofl. I'm so ****ing tired.
anyways, what genre of music? Would you be able to utilize amp distortion?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by vodoochile
Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue, otherwise known as the DRRI, amazing cleans, about 22 watts, so perfect for the pub scene
Not going to loud or clean enough, every DR I've played started breaking up around 4 or so. Especially if you're using humbuckers.
Quote by Ghold125
What kinds of music do you play, and what OD pedal do you have?

You have an expensive OD and you play funk rock
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
that doesn't help, not all expensive ODs sound alike and some may work better with some amps than others.

Ex: I would never use a pedal like a tubescreamer on a Marshall plexi as it would get too nasal, but it works great for Fenders.
Quote by al112987
that doesn't help, not all expensive ODs sound alike and some may work better with some amps than others.

Ex: I would never use a pedal like a tubescreamer on a Marshall plexi as it would get too nasal, but it works great for Fenders.

Ok a purple plexi OD
My Gig Rig...

^If you can! He only has a 500 euro budget guys. Hot Rod Deluxe if you can't get the Twin Reverb.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
^HOW?! If used, that's one hell of a deal!

Unless Fender's are cheaper overseas for some reason.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
No vs threads!!!

Don't worry, I'm not one of those jerks
Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard

^He's asking what you would do in that situation.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
^Son of a bitch

I envy you
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by Airline-Olie
CullenT its a vintage one from the 70's got it on ebay. best thing i ever bought

The person who sold it for that low is a complete and utter retard, even if it is a silverface.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
If you can find a Twin or Twin Reverb for £500, it would be ideal. Alternatives are Vox AC30 (less bright tone), Vox AC50 (slightly less clean) or a Hiwatt 50 combo (between the TR and the Vox). The Hiwatt takes most pedals well.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The person who sold it for that low is a complete and utter retard, even if it is a silverface.

GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Used Roland JC120.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
fender blues deluxe or hot rod deluxe, most likely. you're not getting those reissues for £500 over here (assuming you're talking new)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Depends on whether you play with a drummer or not, if you just use it in your bedroom you could get a Vox AC4 TV and use the rest to buy pedals or you could get a higher wattage amp i.e. a vox ac15 or a fender and buy an attenuator if you had the funds.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by bubb_tubbs

i dont know. there are some very very very bad silverface twins. ultra-linear transformers, 135 watts, master volume on an amp with a fizzy preamp= YUCK!

there are some great SF fenders though, dont get me wrong. but there are some awful ones/
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i dont know. there are some very very very bad silverface twins. ultra-linear transformers, 135 watts, master volume on an amp with a fizzy preamp= YUCK!

there are some great SF fenders though, dont get me wrong. but there are some awful ones/

I still think it's too low a price, but I'd have to play it first to pass true judgment, since I agree with you on all those points.

There was a '63 blonde Bassman on eBay last week I was SO close to buying.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
From my experience, it depends on how versatile you wanna be. The Jazz Chorus has in my opinion the best funk rhythm kinda cleans, but the fender amps mentioned earlier fair much better for clean licks and solos. Also, the fenders take pedals better, IMO.
Gear:
-Saga strat, modded with guitarfetish p/ups
-epiphone abomination (don't know what it's called) with scalloped neck and power rails gfs p/up
-Fender Twin Reverb
-Blues screamer pedal
-Boss Turbo overdrive
The Hot Rod Deluxe really does sound amazing on clean. Also, they really like pedals. I played one six months back, it was really great. Easy to set up nicely, too, unlike many more expensive amps.