Okay, I know there's thousands of threads like these, but I really would like to know.

Okay, so I've been playing for a little over a year now, and I want to get a new guitar, as I'm currently rockin a starcaster, which just doesn't work for playing any CoB stuff. I decided a little while ago that i'd get an Ibanez RG, but I started hearing bad things about them, so I think I'll check w/ you guys.

I play mostly metal, but I also play a little blues, classic rock, hard rock, and a little pop. I would like a metal oreinted guitar, though.

I absolutely can't go above $400, though. and I don't expect to gig with it anytime soon, but if it could hold up while gigging that'd be a plus. If you must know my amp, it's a roland cube. I want a new guitar for better playability, vs. my starcaster.

Thanks!
i love rg series but some people dont it all depends on their opinion. right now i have a ibanez S series. you might want to check them out.
ibanez rg are solid with a thin neck. you can never go wrong with an esp! you've been playing guitar for less than a year and are playing bodom..yea right, your dreaming
My guitar I just ordered 2 days ago should be for you! Look up Danelectro Dano Pro. It's a 1959 reissue.

Wikipedia: The reissue has a fully adjustable bridge and a full scale neck of 19 frets with the neck connecting to the body at the 14th fret. Because of this, playing the higher frets is nearly impossible. Its light tone and slight twang makes it very suitable for playing jangle pop, surf music, country music and blues. Guitarist Magazine said "if it's Jack White or Jon Spencer dirty fuzzbox blues you are after, it's here in spades, alongside with Beatles-in-Hamburg rock 'n' raunch, garage punk venom and eighties indie jangle.

And I happen to adore Jack White, so thats part of why I'm getting it. All the colors are a neat faded color. The guitar doesnt have a standard body shape. It's more square. I fell in love with it last year when I bought my first guitar, but this one is 350$ so I passed on it. It really reminded me of a guitar I could see Courtney Love using though.

Considerit!
Quote by cainmd
ibanez rg are solid with a thin neck. you can never go wrong with an esp! you've been playing guitar for less than a year and are playing bodom..yea right, your dreaming

yeh never know man he might be some kind of guitar prodigy
Quote by cainmd

I said over a year, and i'm not doing the solos yet.

Quote by DIFTWOOD
yeh never know man he might be some kind of guitar prodigy

me, a guitar prodigy? that's great!

I hope that you were joking.

I meant bodom as in their simpler riffs, like sixpounder, angels don't kill, stuff like that.

Quote by stephen_rettie
get an rg321, low end rg floyd roses arent amazing, but a fixed bridge are rg would be a fantastic guitar.

Oh, cool. What about the RG2EX1? I was looking at that one.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by SlayingDragons

Oh, cool. What about the RG2EX1? I was looking at that one.

solid guitar, id recomend trying them out to see which you like more.