So I finally got my hands on the Tremoverb id been gassing for since i was 16. I had to raid the credit card to afford it but that will be paid off in a mere month so its all good.

Sounds killer so far however I cant give a proper review until I'v spent some time with it. However is going to take a while to get my settings dialled in as many things affect the tone that you wouldn't normally expect. The Reverb control has a massive effect and a big influence on the "Recto" sound. the loop mix control has similar effects on the end tone.

The stock tubes had been replaced at some point and I found a TAD 12ax7 in V1, Mesa 12ax7s in V2 and V3 and marshall 12a7x7s in v4-6. Seems all good as the V4-6 are the Loop, reverb and Phase splitter. I swapped out V4 and V5 for JJs I had laying around for good measure.

The power section is where it gets interesting, I find a quartet of 7581A PhilipsECG tubes. I did some research and they are rather well thought of and sell for a handsome price.

They look exactly like these

http://angela.com/7581aphilipssylvanianostubematchedpair.aspx
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Last edited by halikus at Sep 8, 2009,
Cool stuff, Happy new amp day!
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
So far it sounds very bright clear and punchy but I really have no basis for comparison. The last time I played one was back in about 1996. The range of tones that come out is rater diverse. Im loving the cleans most so far as cleans have always been the weak link in my sound. My prs was born to play on this amp, the middle position on the 5 way on the vintage high gain channel dirty with the vol down and the tone pot trimmed, ah just magic.

Il endeavour to get some clips done tomorrow when the inlaws are all out so i can really test things.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Ya got in there just as I was changing it!
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Love me some Mesa....HNAD man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Nice, HNAD. Post clips!
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
HNAD!! Might I suggest downloading the manual if you don't have it. It really is a must have for Mesa amps.(Make it your tone bible) And This Site might help with some settings for you.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
$400 dollars worth of power tubes inside???? WOW.........

NAD!
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Cool man!!!

I really don't care for the recto sound, but hey that's me. As long as you like it, then that's all that matters!
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Thats a sweet amp. Makes me want to get one. When you do a review, let me know what you think of the clean channel. I've heard its one of the best recto cleans.
Nice! I've wanted one of these for a while.

And even sweeter on the tubes!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hnad!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Now go play some Jeff Buckley on that bad boy. Nice find.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
HNAD! Can't wait for the clips
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Hey guys! Thanks for all the kind words so far. I have put up some clips of the cleans on my profile for your listening pleasure. All clean tones so far as my mic does not like recording distorted guitars one bit. Bees and Boss metal zones come to mind...
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

grats those are nice amps
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Curses! Channel 2 just died on me...

Playin clean hits channel switch POP! no sound from channel 2. Theres still a sound if I dime the master but its very weak indeed.

First things first, tubes are all glowing. Channel one is still working completely. channel cloning on channel one is all good and the red channel will clone to channel one. Okay time to pull some tubes, dammit all working fine.

Iv called the shop but I need to talk to the boss whos not in till tomorrow morning.

Anyone got any bright ideas? have i missed anything in my troubleshooting?
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Well I spoke to the manager of the shop I bought this from and they are going to get it pickled up then fixed by their tech guys. Good job too as its an hour and a half drive to the shop from where I am.

Looks like a few weeks without my new amp, Id barley started to tweak the tone too.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

how is putting vinegar on it going to help?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Touche! Well spotted Dave, my typos know no bounds. MMMM pickled Mesa.

I just spoke to the shop and it looks like I'm going to be ampless for another couple of weeks while they order in parts...
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Quote by halikus
Touche! Well spotted Dave, my typos know no bounds. MMMM pickled Mesa.

I just spoke to the shop and it looks like I'm going to be ampless for another couple of weeks while they order in parts...

They're stealing your tubes!

Mmmmmm, pickled Mesa.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tubetime86
They're stealing your tubes!

That's crossed my mind on a few occasions...I do hope the tech they use isnt a thieving scumbag.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

The mesa is back! without the Jan tubes and the leather cover it was sent with.

Guess what Im gonna be doing come 10am when the shop opens...
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

One week later and POP! no channel 2 again.

Called the store and they gave me 3 options,

1) Get it sent back to Boogie again for another fix
2) Get a new amp from the same store with a discount
3) Get money back

Realistically id love to just get it fixed again and pray it dont break again but im paranoid now so this isn't likely to happen despite me loving this amp with a passion. oh all but the parralel FX loop, god I hate that.

Id like to try getting a different amp from the same store as i could probably pick somthing a bit more expensive and get it for the same price however the only amp i see that I like the looks of is a Rivera Fandango but im sure it wont get brutal enuff for my liking.

Option 3 looks the most likley to happen so Im thinking Mk4 as I see a couple in my budget on the ebay but its a awefull lot of money to use on ebay especially ias it could be broken and the one im looking at is the other end of the country.

So UG suggestions.

£1200 possibly a bit more as i can wait a month, I dont mind going used, 3 channels, series fx loop, will do brutal rhythm and smooth leads along with nice effected cleans.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor