Poll: Have you ever been in a car crash?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you ever been in a car crash?
Yes
99 44%
No
64 28%
I've witnessed a car crash
38 17%
No, but just barely
26 11%
Voters: 227.
Page 1 of 2
So, I've been in the car alot lately (roadtripping across the US and such), and I thought, "I've never really been in a car crash." Which made me go over to the Pit and ask them as well. Have any of you ever been in a car crash? seen a car crash? just escaped a car crash?
I hate driving. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I was in a car crash a couple of weeks ago, the car got written off and my friend was injured and got hosptilised for a few days, and also got quite a lot of compensation.

I was alright.
Guys, remember to touch wood.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I've never been in one. I'm sure it will happen someday though. It seems like almost everyone is in at least one at some point in their life.

I've witnessed a few. Nothing serious though.

My dad on the other hand has been in at least 10.
been in 8 of them....i'm startin to take the hint
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
I'm touching wood right now

I admit, I lol'd.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
i drove in to the dmv to upgrade from my learners permit to my license.
as i was waiting to make a left turn into the dmv parking lot, the suv in front of me backed into me.

the light was red.
i was clearly visible through their rear window.

the woman driving the car didn't speak english very well, and had her 8 year old son translate for her.
she told the police that i had driven into her.

what a bitch.

EDIT:
also she was driving without a license.
Last edited by Babbs at Jul 27, 2009,
Never been in one, but a dude who just graduated from my school was in one this morning, and my parents could see it from my driveway. Dude broke both ankles, his pelvis, some ribs, and his jaw. He was a state champion wrestler, and it's just kind of weird to think that it happened so close to me. It was in front of this old building that my band used to practice in, and there's still glass all in the road and everything. Scary, scary stuff.
A truck I was in got hit by an IED, but I wasn't hurt.

I rolled over my car on the track, it was like a 30 second barrel roll. Roll bar=alive me.
I was in a serious accident before christmas
The engine came lose and broke both my legs i also snapped my neck.
I was in hostpital for 2 weeks, i missed christmas and new years.
Im all right now but i could have been pralised like christopher reeves
=========

Nathnialm

====
Quote by MustangMan311
Never been in one, but a dude who just graduated from my school was in one this morning, and my parents could see it from my driveway. Dude broke both ankles, his pelvis, some ribs, and his jaw. He was a state champion wrestler, and it's just kind of weird to think that it happened so close to me. It was in front of this old building that my band used to practice in, and there's still glass all in the road and everything. Scary, scary stuff.

Sorry to ask, but what happened?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
just missed a few on my bike, and have been in one in a car. Was not serious though, some old lady drove straight over a mini-roundabout into the side of the car I was in
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Never been in a proper crash, the closest was being clipped by a drunk guy in Tanzania, which did nothing more than crack the rear bumper
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
One time some woman behind us tried to pull out of a parking spot and she ever so slightly bumped the back of the car.

I thought I was gonna die!
my family got rammed into at blackpool tourist parking by this fat woman who couldnt wait for our parking space.....her car was as fat as her..... grrrrr!!
Quote by stroker93
That is the best deal I have EVER seen Loooza

^ yes, the best deal he has ever seen came from me!!! (Take it as you want!!! )

I LOVE THE VAMP LESTAT AND GUITARGUY01!!!
Very nearly hit a guy in a Focus when he pulled out of a sideroad as I was going 40mph (Legally). Only avoided it by doing the whole SLAMBRAKESSTEERHARDLEFTOHMYGODWHATWASTHATAMIALIVE routine.

Missed by about one inch, srsly.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by Jaymz_515
Very nearly hit a guy in a Focus when he pulled out of a sideroad as I was going 40mph (Legally).

Wow looks like he needed to Focus more

I'm surprised I haven't, my sister has been in at least five, and I she has to drive me around a lot... She almost got us killed once, but it was narrowly avoided.
yer ive been in a few but not write offs or anything

my brother has written off 3 cars in the past 4 years.

one of them was trying to avoid a sheep and he almost rolled off some mountain but luckily he hit the side of some tree on the edge of the road and rolled over several times onto a field. my brother is a dick.
I got t-boned. I was expecting this huge crash and everything when they were about to hit me, but it was pretty uneventful. I heard a thug and just kind of spun around. I was at fault though... so it was pretty gay.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I span my car when joining a motorway. My best friend was in the car and I have no idea how we didn't hit anything or die.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i was in a serious one when i was 2
no one died greatfully
car smashed straight into us on a round about
smash my head, was in hospital for a while
now i have a huge scar from my scalp to my eyebrow
and a dent in my skull where it is :/
the funny thing is my scar is in the shape of an lightning bolt
so i get called harry potter even tho its on the wrong side xD
No.

Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
ive been in 2 that i was a passanger and a month ago my truck was totalled in a hit and run. sucks.
during the winter time a bunch of deers just popped out of nowhere and totally wrecked my dad's car. I only suffered bruises

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain
i've been in one. i was making a left turn onto a one lane (each way) street with a median. a car in the oncoming lane was turning onto the street i was turning off of, so they were slowing down. i pulled into the street to make the turn. there was another car behind the car making the turn, and they didn't want to slow down (they were speeding) so they went into the median to go around the slowing car in front of them. we collided in the median. i was said to be at fault.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
i've been in one. i was making a left turn onto a one lane (each way) street with a median. a car in the oncoming lane was turning onto the street i was turning off of, so they were slowing down. i pulled into the street to make the turn. there was another car behind the car making the turn, and they didn't want to slow down (they were speeding) so they went into the median to go around the slowing car in front of them. we collided in the median. i was said to be at fault.

That's bull****

As for me, i am yet to have a crash, though i drive pretty carefully and am usually pretty aware of whats going on around me.

*touches wood*
i got in a car wreck because i stole a peice of gum out of my friends sisters purse and she got pissed and started speeding and swerved off the road. the car flipped, it was pretty gnarly
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
no.. not been near a car crash really.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by jambi_mantra
I span my car when joining a motorway. My best friend was in the car and I have no idea how we didn't hit anything or die.

You span it? I'm surprised you didn't hit anything. Hopefully you brang it to a tire shop to check the tread on your tires.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Page 1 of 2