Quote by Danno13
Core.

Decent core.

But still core.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Are you guys saying they aren't metal?
For me they are not Metalcore, the Vocals and the Riffs are very Death Metal like.

EDIT: btw metalcore is a subgenre from metal.
Last edited by compin at Jul 27, 2009,
Metalcore through and through. And far from Death Metal

EDIT: Really like them though
I'm actually quite a big fan of them, I like the mix of melodeath and core influences. Not much of a fan of the double tracked vocals on Iconoclast but I really like these guys
ohai little sig.
Quote by andyscoot
Metalcore through and through. And far from Death Metal

You say that as if they're As I Lay Dying or someone. They certainly do have a big death metal/melodeath aspect to their sound. They sound like Kataklysm playing Metalcore.
Quote by jonnowev

And there is a hardcore forum dude.

Of Course but they are Metal and not Hardcore don't you think too?

Yep i don't like how they make some things in the Studio, but Live they are still very good.

btw: there is a really big Deathcore Thread in the Metal Section too because Deathcore is a subgenre from Metal, otherwise it would be in the hardcore section
Last edited by compin at Jul 27, 2009,
Anyways, looks like this thread will be staying put. May as well talk about the band.

Favourite album = Iconoclast. Although their last three albums have all been great. I particularly like the interlude tracks. Risandi Von is just immense,
Quote by compin
Are you guys saying they aren't metal?
For me they are not Metalcore, the Vocals and the Riffs are very Death Metal like.

You need to listen to more death metal, then. The riffs are pretty blatantly metalcore riffs. You could argue the vocals, but it's not really relevant to determining the genre.

Quote by compin
EDIT: btw metalcore is a subgenre from metal.

That it is. But for logistics purposes, metalcore bands go in the Hardcore forum. The metal forum can't handle so many genres, so we have to move some of them around.
Heaven Shall Burn band member 1 : "Lets be (non) unique and steal all the cool gothenburg style melodeath riffs and then make a crappy -core band

Heaven Shall Burn band member 2: Ok, sounds good
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by jonnowev
You say that as if they're As I Lay Dying or someone. They certainly do have a big death metal/melodeath aspect to their sound. They sound like Kataklysm playing Metalcore.

Because every Metalcore band is As I Lay Dying? No

They've always been Metalcore. They've done a few splits with Caliban too.
Boring, generic and yadda yadda yadda.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jul 28, 2009,
Metalcore is hardcore blah blah blah

-speech on how metalcore belongs in hardcore forum-

Dude, just save yourself some time and effort and just go into the hardcore forum. Metalcore isn't a subgenre of metal and should be in hardcore forum.