I need an effect that will make the strings keep ringing even after i have let go, why i need this is because i have to play other notes but still have the sound of the last one. The song in mention is pretty girls make graves by the smiths the outro/
i like your band.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Quote by inmybirth
I need an effect that will make the strings keep ringing even after i have let go, why i need this is because i have to play other notes but still have the sound of the last one. The song in mention is pretty girls make graves by the smiths the outro/

There's no such thing really, because when you let go then the note will obviously change. Now, you could use something like a loop pedal but it'd be really tricky to kick it in just for the odd note. Likewise delay is going to delay every note.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Bingt
it's a substain pedal or something?

^ beaten to it, and i have a typo

i suck

lol
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
You guys have a listen to the song and tell me what you think, should be on youtube pretty girls make graves by the smiths. Im pretty sure its two guitars doing it they play the first bar stop lets it ring then the other guitar does 2nd lets it ring just want someone to confirm
A Fernandes Sustain pickup would do the trick. Or one of those e-Bow things or whatever you call them.
You're talking about having a note ring out while you're going on to play something else on the same string?

Dont' think that's going to happen, but you could get creative with a looper. Even so, you'll probably have to record the loop ahead of time to get it right, so you won't be able to keep changing the droning note.
Sustain would only work if you kept the note fretted, basically like an eternal ringout.
That's what I know about sustainers anyway, good for dive bombs and the like.
lol guitar
Wait, I just listened to that song. You don't need a sustainer, you need a second guitar. Each chord is strummed several times while that melody is being played.

Why not just arrange the song for one guitar? It's a valuable skill that you'll use a lot in the future. Anything goes here, the only rule is make it sound full.
Reported.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
This forum is for discussion of music theory, music structure, etc. This thread would be better suited for the gear forum. since, you know... it deals with effects which would be gear.
Is that really necessary? I mean, if an admin had decided to move this thread, very well, but what harm is this really causing?