I just got back from a music shop in my area. I've been experimenting with some amps and what not. I tried out a Vox AD100VTH with a Marshall 1960 slanted cab. (Not sure on the model number.) But anyways, the Vox head was new for only $280 and the cab was used for $200. I know for sure the cab was not an MG cab. Also i'll most likely be going to buy the head this weekend, but not sure on what cab to buy. In the store there were only 2 Marshall cabs, and I'd like to stick with Marshall. The other cab is a NEW Marshall 1960 Streight cab priced at $299. And here is where the purpose of the thread comes in. If I run a half stack, does it matter if I use a streight or slanted cab? I mean, I'd purchase both of them if I had more money but bills are more important. Otherwise if it doesn't matter, im buying the 1960.

But for the 1960 cab being new on Musiciansfriend for $949, I'm a bit leary as to why it's only $299?
Thanks
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
There is no way that your getting a new 1960 cab for $300, it is probably a MG
^ Troof.

The new 1960s are pretty terrible for the price anyways, unless you're in the UK. I'd try to find a used 70s or 80s one instead. Even if it's beat to hell, you can easily retolex it (if it bothers you).

If you must buy new, go for a Splawn if you want something that looks like a Marshall cab but sounds far better.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I'm positive it was a 1960. It even had the little patch on the bottom left that said 1960.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Well if you don't believe it was a 1960 cab, it's fine, but can someone please answer my main question?
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Straight or slanted it doesnt matter. Theres a small difference in sound projection thats it..

I see them go as low as $300 used in mint condition but $300 new is really off track. But hey if your dead set on it and sure it is one then give it a go. But personally I cant stand those cabs so even new for $300 I would pass it up..
Thanks very much
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH