I'm looking for a pedal that would sound best for playing Iron Maiden songs, I'm currently using my Digitech RP80 with an Iron Maiden patch, but I'm not really satisfied with the effect on it because it sounds.. just too digital, so I was wondering if there was a pedal that would sound best for Maiden songs. Just please don't mention any that are well.. over 200 dollars because I was just looking for a pedal around 35-75 dolllars or so.
Thanks in advance!
Quote by nightwolfhunter
I'm looking for a pedal that would sound best for playing Iron Maiden songs, I'm currently using my Digitech RP80 with an Iron Maiden patch, but I'm not really satisfied with the effect on it because it sounds.. just too digital, so I was wondering if there was a pedal that would sound best for Maiden songs. Just please don't mention any that are well.. over 200 dollars because I was just looking for a pedal around 35-75 dolllars or so.
Thanks in advance!

SoCal

Well, this is just my opinion, but with a budget of under $100, you'll probably have a hard time finding what you want, especially since you don't like the sterile aspect of digital. However, you could probably find some good pedals on ebay. I would look at some higher gain overdrives, like the ProCo Rat and Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret. Those would probably be a good place to start.

Good luck!
i think cranked marshalls are the tone iron maiden had and i know there are some pedals that achieve that. the box of rock by zvex would be good but is out of your range. Id maybe look into an mi audio crunch box. The rat might get you, but i found it to be too fuzzy. It sounds great for sabbath but i dont think it can pul maiden all that well but thats just my opinion. i owned it for a few weeks then took it back
the iron maiden distortion pedal by boss

edit: line6 makes one too but it's bad cause it's just a modeller

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
What amp are you using first?
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Now I'm thinking that it might be your amp's tiny speaker that is having more of an effect on your tone than the pedal itself. Have you thought about upgrading to a bigger amp?
Well.. the thing is.. the pedal itself has a different volume level to it than the amp.. and well I usually don't have the amp any higher than 4 because it gets pretty loud when it's with the Pedal, maybe if I change those volume levels I might get a different sound? So it wont' be as digital?
Quote by nightwolfhunter
Well.. the thing is.. the pedal itself has a different volume level to it than the amp.. and well I usually don't have the amp any higher than 4 because it gets pretty loud when it's with the Pedal, maybe if I change those volume levels I might get a different sound? So it wont' be as digital?

Well, if I'm imagining this correctly, it is not the volume so much as the size of the speaker and the amp's components. So changing the volume probably wouldn't alter the tone too much. A small speaker will be punchier and naturally less bassy, even though bassiness can add a lot to a metal tone.
adrian uses a TS9 I'm getting a TS9DX that's a great pedal I heard but for Maiden's tone I'm a huge maiden fan they use Marshall 9200 power amps, with a JMP - 1 and JFX - 1. But that is way past your budget I'm looking for those three actually I heard they're amazing so hopefully I find them in the future.

*If I was you I would save some money for a new amp for future references and try some pedals out. If you can't, check them out on the internet and check reviews and what genres they're good for.