just got my 1990 carvin 4x10 back home. its a V410T rated at 400 watts. got it for 250 bucks (usd) and couldnt be happier. got that as the bottom of my stack, then a custom 1x12 with a 350 watt beyma speaker (coming soon, waitin on shipping) sittin in the middle. the 1994 rah350smx 350 watt trace elliot head is sittin on top in all its majesty. i got my bass up against it which is an ibanez gsr200fm fretless.

i painted the grills green to match the head and i think its lookin pretty sharp. and LOUD, jesus haha it rattles my windows. anyways. here it is
Attachments:
full stack 001.JPG
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
That's looking good, bet it sounds it too.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
yeh i stuck with the color scheme doin it up green haha. and it does sound delish even with my slightly modded starter bass. i love it, i cant wait for the beyma speaker to finally get here so ill have a full stack and not just an empty cabinet in the middle aha
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
naw im stickin with my gsr baby. i love the feel of her. gonna put some nordstrand p and j set in her and an aguilar op3 preamp with a bass, mid with a selector switch, treble, 2 volumes, and a passice active switch and she'll be purrinnnnn.

and while doing that ill have to put some new wholes in her which means ill be sandin down her finish and puttin some nice minwax stain on her. then throw on some nice rosewood knobs to match the fingerboard and ill be happy.

mind you all this will put me in the range of 500 bucks. puttin my total gear cost to about 1,600 bucks (usd). not too shabby for what i got.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
wow. I'd normally say that that's an awful lot of money spent on a cheaper bass but if you like the feel of it you probably got a really nice one. Of course that model line is known for being good for the money. Hope to see that baby when it's finished! Should look and sound wonderful.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Lovely setup there, im unbelievably jealous of your trace elliot rah400smx. How do you find the compressor on it. It looks like it packs a punch though.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I am so painting my hartke cabs blue now
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
to gill: hahaha blue! do it uppp.

to googly moogly: how do i find the compressor on it?

and to revelation: yeh i mean it is a good sum of money to spend ona starter. but really, all the basses im looking at that come close but not completly to what i want cost over a grand (usd). so i either spend a little over a grand for something thats kind of what i want but not completly. or i spend 500 on her and have exactly what i want. plus i have a bond with her, 2 years will do that. plus my defretting job on her makes me want her more haha. my first and last bass i believe. until im older and have a steady job, then ill probably get a few more toys. but for now shes my one and only
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Its under the trace elliot logo isnt it on the amp, a box called sound managment with three controls, ones compression. Thats what the smx series had over the non smx, a tube preamp a comrpessor, and being really really good.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
oo yeh im not sure if its "sound management" but i have a low compressor an eq balance and a high compressor then the output volume. btw im glad to see your double bass fund rising

and on the topic note, the beyma speaker came yesterday. i got it installed thanks to a coping saw haha

it sounds wonderful. good deep thump and with that 4x10 it just covers everything. i have the trace running to the carvin, then the carvin has an output jack so i ran that to the beyma. the sound is good, i dont think i lost any sound quality. the whole reason i did it like that is because the "Line Out" 1+2 jacks arent working argh. so my other option is to get a 3 prong di, which no music store near me carries one. plus i already had the 1/4" cable so i decided to just run it through the carvin.

anyways, i have a question maybe someone could answer. my head works great. but its very chancy, sometimes itll get a really fuzzy gritty sound to it then wont work unless i tap it in the right place. im currently troubleshooting the problem. i opened the top up, chacked out the tube, the wiring, made sure nothing was touching the housing and made sure the screws werent touching anything, and now im replacing the 2 fuses in the back. trouble is i cant find a .75 inch 10 amp 250 volt fuse and the writing on it is F10250V. if anyone has a diagnoses for me, or can link me to somewhere that has a fuse like this thatd be much appreciated.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
bump bump bump

so i was told that it is probably my tube that is causin it to do that. any way to test a tube short of buying a tube reader?
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Take it out and shake it and see if you can hear the filiment shaking round
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
neh you know what, i got it second hand. so im going to replace all the fuses and the tube so IIII know when they were changed last. ill just get a 20 buck one, i dont see the point in spending more than that if im not recording. the sound differences arent noticable to me.

the only reason im doin this is because the guy i got it from said he changed the tube recently to a jj something or other. i took a look at it and its a sylvania something or other...so yeh im gonna replace everything and go from there.

on another note, i was told that if it still is actin funky that it could be a transistor or something like that. told it was pricey for him to get it fixed. so hopefully its just the tube or fuse or something.

anyways, ill keep you posted
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
You can usually get used Warwick Corvette fretlesses for around 500-750USD. I'd highly suggest looking into getting a better bass instead of upgrading that beater. In the end it's your decision though, so do what you feel.
I approve of the green.

Now you need a bass to match. Like-a-this-one:

Now I think that would make it more badass.
hahaha noice. im so content with upgrading though. shes my first love. cant just cast her aside. plus, a good neck and a nice solid body. what else can a man ask for? i wouldnt even buy a warwick, strictly ibanez haha. thanks for the suggestions. btw, does anyone know any good vintage sounding tubes?
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I thought i could never get rid of my first bass, then i did and i was liek

"ah wow, this is so cool, so much better"

You quickly get over your first bass, quickly.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
nooooo aha i could never. unless it had a neckthru and some sick ass pups with a slick ibanez fretless neck...
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by fatgoogle
I thought i could never get rid of my first bass, then i did and i was liek

"ah wow, this is so cool, so much better"

You quickly get over your first bass, quickly.

I agree with this.

Though I couldn't actually get rid of my first bass, she doesn't see a whole lot of action anymore
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I've just got my second bass (!) and it is very sexy. So I don't play my old one, but it may see more action if I defret it.

*M4L666 looks for defretting threads*

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

i could nevvvver just let her sit there. shes been too good to me for too long. and look for the thread i made a while ago when i defretted. i believe its called "defretted success" haha im pretty sure i went into some good detail on how i did it. you can also pm me anytime for questions.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful