I would like to know where would be a good place to start looking for a clone of a wah pedal, I would like to build my own pedal (I have already built a fuzz not too long ago). I do not want to buy a kit, I would like to buy the parts on my own, it always seems cheaper that way. Has anybody done a home-built wah before?
I haven't done it, I have seen kits that's look really cool. But yet, I haven't attempted it.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Find the enclosure somewhere. (Check Ebay) It will be worth it to buy a real enclosure, no point in spending a lot of time on the circuit only to have a crappy box to step on.
You can go to BYOC to get a PCB and then source your own parts from there. I know BYOC has Mouser lists for all the parts of a kit. Or, if you want to go all the way and etch your own PCB or make it on perfboard, then check DIYstompboxes for some schematics.
Weekend Warrior
smallbearelec.com has crybaby shels for 50 bucks...you can prolly get them cheaper at a local guitar repair shop. They're bound to have a gutted shell or twwo from a dead wah that they could let go of for a small price.

There are a million crybaby schems on the internet.

SBE also sells the components. They'll surely ship to canada. Pretty sure they ship worldwide.

I haven't really done a from-scratch build of a wah, but mine's so modded it might as well be built from scratch. My next wah build will be a very special and unique one, so I gotta keep it a secret.
Snag a broken Crybaby from a music store, pawnshop, or eBay. You can probably get one for about $20 US. You won't be able to make as good of a wah enclosure as that.