hey guys, in the chrous part of a song like "and justice for all" where it's like

e|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
B|*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
G|-- 4-4-4-s-5-2-5---------------------------------------------------------------------------||
D|- 4-4-4 s-5 2 5
A|*-2-2-2 s-3 0 3

repeated

when i play this while standing, my wrist is curved alot and so it created alot of pressure there

like in this video at 2:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VRVbjFFJ5Y

is this normal? its uncomfortable and i feel it might give me carpal tunnel.
can you show me a picture of someone fretting a chord like that while standing so i can see the correct way to do it? is your wrist supposed to be curved alot while fretting this while standing?

i am comfortable with my strap at this level while playing other thing but chords like this are uncomfortable
The correct way to fret it is to adjust your strap so that your guitar is at the same height it is when you're sitting.

All those pictures of the Br00T4lZ metal guitarist's with their guitars down at their knees? Yeah most of them can't actually play that low, and the ones that can either already have or soon will have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
my guitar isnt really that low, its roughly the same height as satriani. what about hetfield? his guitar is like down to his knees rofl.
Quote by dNWaKE
my guitar isnt really that low, its roughly the same height as satriani. what about hetfield? his guitar is like down to his knees rofl.

just because they can doesnt me you can

i might just move ur strap up

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
just because they can doesnt me you can

i might just move ur strap up

move it up more even though its not that low already? its at about satriani's level at the moment. doesnt fretting that chord inherently give discomfort due to its position on the neck?
Quote by dNWaKE
move it up more even though its not that low already? its at about satriani's level at the moment. doesnt fretting that chord inherently give discomfort due to its position on the neck?

Nothing on the guitar inherently gives discomfort unless you are doing it incorrectly, especially a simple chord movement like that.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud