I'm about to buy one used for around $350, but I would like to get answers for some of my questions before I make the purchase.

1) I've heard the switches might break and I asked the guy I'm going to buy it from if it has any broken switches. He said that it has one, but it can easily been fixed. Has anyone experienced a broken switch with a TLSE? Soldering is not a problem for me, so I'm not really.. scared of the switch being broken.

2) Metal. Ok, I'm not going to need a brutal distortion coming out of it, but I probably want enough gain to handle 80's metal. Seeing as this has a 'Recto' and a 'US Higain' amp model, this shouldn't be a problem at all, but I'm still hearing people say that if you're a metalhead, don't get the Tonelab. What exactly is the relationship between TLSE and metal like? I also have a Rocktron Rampage distortion pedal which I could use if the Tonelab needed a little help with gain.

3) I want to put this in front of an amp (Laney LC15) that doesn't have an effects loop. Will the sound get muddy? I can turn off the cabinet modeling, but do I also need to turn off amp modeling? I can either play through headphones or this amp, I don't have good quality speakers. (By the way, if anyone has ever built an effects loop into their amp, some tips would be great because I'm planning to do this with my LC15)

I would appreciate if anyone who has owned Tonelab SE answered my questions.

Thanks
ahsoo
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
Anyone?
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15