in vb right,how do i get a textbox that is a string and the other textbox which is an integer, for an argument and shorten the word down by the use of the integer to the word automatically, how to concatenate two strings
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Jul 27, 2009,
Buy a book on VB. You will _never_ be a good programmer without book learning. If you don't want to learn from a book, stop trying to learn at all.

Also learn to phrase questions properly.

VB uses + as a the string concatenation operand afaik. If you want to pass the contents of a textbox as an integer parameter, you'll first need to convert it to an integer (well duh). As I don't know VB, I'm not sure of the function for this.
Last edited by Stormx at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by Stormx
Buy a book on VB. You will _never_ be a good programmer without book learning. If you don't want to learn from a book, stop trying to learn at all.

Also learn to phrase questions properly.

VB uses + as a the string concatenation operand afaik. If you want to pass the contents of a textbox as an integer parameter, you'll first need to convert it to an integer (well duh). As I don't know VB, I'm not sure of the function for this.

I'm in a rush to get my work done, its due soon. I do have a book and its a awful books, the author assumes the reader knows everything/
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
I'm in a rush to get my work done, its due soon. I do have a book and its a awful books, the author assumes the reader knows everything/

Internet tutorials.

Do it yourself everyone else learnt that way.
Quote by Grindar
Internet tutorials.

Do it yourself everyone else learnt that way.

Does this mean you're going to see Jonas Brothers alone?
Quote by Stormx
Does this mean you're going to see Jonas Brothers alone?

Every thread, you're right.