So, I've decided it's time I get a 2nd guitar. And, I was thinking about getting an Ibanez S470.

I play mostly Progressive Metal. Like, Protest The Hero, Mastodon, Between The Buried And Me and The Faceless. And softer Progressive Rock like: Rush and King Crimson.

I've seen some amazing prog guitarists using S series guitars; Like Paul Waggoner and Luke Hoskin.

So, what do you guys think of this guitar?
It's a solid, lightweight guitar that's really easy to play. I think Ibanez has really consistant quality besides Edge III, and the S470 has ZR.
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
It's a solid, lightweight guitar that's really easy to play. I think Ibanez has really consistant quality besides Edge III, and the S470 has ZR.

Yeah, that's another reason I wanted it. It doesn't have the crappy Edge III.

So how's the ZR?
Woah just looked it up and I really like it. Pickups are great, finishes are amazing. I cant choose between them.
Quote by Faded Grey
Yeah, that's another reason I wanted it. It doesn't have the crappy Edge III.

So how's the ZR?

I love mine, very easy to play, great neck.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
I don't have the guitar, but I've played it at several different GC's. It seems to hold up really well.
I think you should go and try it. Apart from that, I've seen some great reviews about it being lightweight and the ZR trem apparently holds up really well as it uses ball bearings instead of blades or something.
Quote by Shikari4
I think you should go and try it. Apart from that, I've seen some great reviews about it being lightweight and the ZR trem apparently holds up really well as it uses ball bearings instead of blades or something.

Too bad, where I live there's barely any music stores.

We have one awesome one, but sadly they don't have S series, just SA.

Do the two feel alike?