would locking tuners, roller or graphite string trees, and a graphite nut work just as well with a floyd as a locking nut?
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
nothing can compare to the stability of a high quality and properly set up double locking system. old fashioned tremolos cant survive big divebombs and intense trem usage in general. all that stuff will help it stay in tune a little but properly stringing up and the use of nut lube at all friction points on the string will get you 90 percent of the way there just by spending two bucks on good nut lube. i recommend rene martinez ceramic gel guitar lube. like i said no standard tremolo will survive several divebombs and be in tune but for subtle use just the lube will keep you in tune nicely. also you want to make sure the bridge plate and saddles are polished smooth and round wherever they touch the strings. and it doesnt hurt to lube up the trem studs and spring contact points either.
just as well? no. effective? yes. i have the full she-bang on my American Deluxe Strat, and i can do two or three full dive-bombs without any trouble.

however, if you were to go crazy, things would get out of tune pretty quickly.

it just depends on what you want to do
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
wellz im prob thinkin of just usin it for dimbag divebombs and squeals every now and then
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
If it was as effective as a locking nut, everyone would just use locking tuners and a high quality, low friction nut. No one would ever bother with the hassle of installing and using a locking nut.

But they work well, and for some people, more than well enough.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by guitarmankyle
wellz im prob thinkin of just usin it for dimbag divebombs and squeals every now and then

then you should be fine
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Chris Broderick has a graphite nut on his custom Ibby, it works for him. You just wont be able to go apesh*t on it
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.