My tennis coach signed me and two other kids from the team to play at a carnival. The only problem is that I don't know how to incorporate their instruments in to what i'd like to play. I've played a little with them before but it was only Dueling banjos with me doing rhythm. The banjo player can also play guitar, would it be better to have him switch to that? They mainly play bluegrass together but the banjo player listens to classic rock also. I'd like to play something by Zeppelin or any classic rock band, but I don't know what else would work besides the Battle of Evermore and Going to California. Do you guys have any suggestions? I'd like to play more than just bluegrass.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
wow this sounds like it could be a ton of fun if you do it right. really listen to the songs you'd like to cover and just try to imagine either the mandolin or banjo playing a certain part in those songs. it doesnt have to be anything super fancy. or maybe have one of them play the vocal melody softly during the song as well. I would deffinitely use the banjo for more lead type stuff and the mandolin for little fills and melodic rythm work since banjos are naturally louder than most acoustic guitars and mandolins
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
It is a blast to listen to it, I'd really like to do Babe I'm Going To Leave You by Led Zeppelin I'm just trying to figure out what we could to make everything go together.This is at the end of the month so we don't have to much time.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton