One of my local pawn shops has a beat up looking Peavey Mace 2X12 w/ Black Widows for $210. (Its been in there stock since last December) The tubes look solid, I had a chance to play it today, and it is Freaking loud! I had to turn it down a bit, and it sounded fine.

Question...What do you guys know about this amp, is it any good?
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
well I don't know much about the amp, But it sure isn't a step down from your current amp.
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
Peavey Mace was Peavey awnser to the Marshall Super Plexis. They have a SS Preamp and tube power section loaded with EL34's. They are great amp with a very bristish vibe, they are cazy load and typicaly are 160 watts RMS, Can you say headroom any one?? lol For 200 dollar I think its a good deal, they tough amps that can take the abuse. Skynard used these amps for all ther giging needs.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
Peavey Mace was Peavey awnser to the Marshall Super Plexis. They have a SS Preamp and tube power section loaded with EL34's. They are great amp with a very bristish vibe, they are cazy load and typicaly are 160 watts RMS, Can you say headroom any one?? lol For 200 dollar I think its a good deal, they tough amps that can take the abuse. Skynard used these amps for all ther giging needs.

Thanks for the heads up. I got a good demo of the Mace yesterday. Its nice, loud as the devil. I think I'll pass, it's seen better days, and cracked to the high heavens when I cranked it up.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204