I have a 75w Line 6 Spider III that I got for christmas a few years ago collecting dust. I have the FBV Shortboard controler as well. Amp retials at 230 now and the shortboard is going for 260. (Funny, that my floor controller is worth more than my piece of crap amp). Both items were giged once, and look and sound mint, if thats actually a good thing.

If you sold it, what did you get. Im looking to dump it on craigslist and sell it to some metal head kid, but I have no idea what I should list it at. Is the package deal deal worth 350? 300?

You tell me. I want to make some money off this thing if I can.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Good luck getting $230 for it... All the people I've talked to said you'd be lucky to get it for $150 if the buyer is relatively smart. Not sure about the floor controller though.
Sell it to someone who knows nothing about it?
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Lol. I was that dumb metalhead kid you are speaking of. I got a 120-watt Spider Three. I like it and all, but everyone says they suck. Why is this?
Quote by jld8111
Lol. I was that dumb metalhead kid you are speaking of. I got a 120-watt Spider Three. I like it and all, but everyone says they suck. Why is this?

You may not have as good of an ear for tone as other people (no offense). When I first got mine I didn't see anything wrong with it until I really started paying attention to tone, and that's when it hit me that I had made the worst decisions of my life
Quote by jld8111

because they're practice amps advertised as proffessional level gear. you could've done a lot better
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I had a 15 watter and sold it for 60. Some guy who had been playing 10 years. He said he loved the crunch channel. I avoided facepalming. And ts look on your craigslist and see what the going rate is.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Last edited by khfan23 at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by khfan23
I had a 15 watter and sold it for 60. Some guy who had been playing 10 years. He said he loved the crunch channel. I avoided facepalming. And ts look on your craigslist and see what the going rate is.

60? Think I might be able to get 70 for mine? I've been thinking of sticking it on Craigslist for either 60-80 dollars or a trade.
Quote by Alex Vik
60? Think I might be able to get 70 for mine? I've been thinking of sticking it on Craigslist for either 60-80 dollars or a trade.

You could probably get 70 i just kinda wanted it gone.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
havent tried to sell one (cuz i dont own one) but my mg 30 ive had buys interested at 150 and retails at 200. nothings gone through though. there hard to sell
I got 145 for it. Some bass player came and picked it up, thinking it was for bass. Poor kid. At least I got the money though.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
You may not have as good of an ear for tone as other people (no offense). When I first got mine I didn't see anything wrong with it until I really started paying attention to tone, and that's when it hit me that I had made the worst decisions of my life

Yeah, I actually compared a Peavey Vypyr 75 to a Spider III 30 today, my Vypyr was much less fizzy and **** sounding.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by fender4482
I got 145 for it. Some bass player came and picked it up, thinking it was for bass. Poor kid. At least I got the money though.

Well that's the end of it's useful life if he uses it for bass.
sold my 30 watt for 60 and the pedal for 15 cus i wanted the sob out of ma room
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by Clutch32192
sold my 30 watt for 60 and the pedal for 15 cus i wanted the sob out of ma room

A little off topic... But I'd like to ask you how your Vox Wah does with distortion?

EDIT: Like the amount of distortion Froosh would use in his solos?
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 27, 2009,
Sold the my 15 watt to my friend for $50, I still kinda feel bad about it lol, but he thought it was awesome.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
A little off topic... But I'd like to ask you how your Vox Wah does with distortion?

EDIT: Like the amount of distortion Froosh would use in his solos?

its great, with heaver distortion it doesn't work as good like ratm sounds, but for froosh, hendrix, and other lower distortions it works great
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

Quote by Clutch32192
its great, with heaver distortion it doesn't work as good like ratm sounds, but for froosh, hendrix, and other lower distortions it works great

alright thanks.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR

yuppppppp
Quote by Clutch32192

Can it handle Smashing Pumpkins?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT

Doubt it... If it can't handle RATM its very unlikely it can handle Smashing Pumpkins.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by CullenT

idk, nvr tried
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
I have a 75w Line 6 Spider III that I got for christmas a few years ago collecting dust. I have the FBV Shortboard controler as well. Amp retials at 230 now and the shortboard is going for 260. (Funny, that my floor controller is worth more than my piece of crap amp). Both items were giged once, and look and sound mint, if thats actually a good thing.

If you sold it, what did you get. Im looking to dump it on craigslist and sell it to some metal head kid, but I have no idea what I should list it at. Is the package deal deal worth 350? 300?

You tell me. I want to make some money off this thing if I can.

There will be somebody that wants it. Maybe put up for $250 obo.

But I would rather put up an ad for a trade. At least for me, whatever gear I sell I buy more gear with. Or just trade up for better ****. It doesn't hurt to put up an ad on CL and see what ya get.