the song is found in my profile

This song was an idea i was playing with, though this isn't the final final product as originally in my head. I'm looking for feedback/constructive criticism, and will greatly appreciate ideas for improvement, parts to omit/add etc. It doesn't have a drum track because the one i had wasn't synced so i just took it out.

I wasn't sure what genre this song would fall under so your suggestions for that would be appreciated too.

thanks in advance.
hate math...love math rock.
Last edited by georizzo at Jul 27, 2009,
i love it. certain parts do sounds very fall of troy-influenced...but its not a bad thing. you totally got your own sound. you just need some drums in there to tighten up the rhythm cuz its all over the place. then add some screaming and you'll rule the world. hahaha i'm praising you a lot because I love fall of troy. lol not their new **** but their first 2 albums...hopefully their 4th album will come out better than the last one. lol

but yeah good job...you wanna check out some of my music?? it may not be your style but I like to experiment with different genres hahaha
Well, its a good song, but like the above poster, it is kinda all over the place, I think you were using a delay on the lead or something, becuase it would echo the lead, kinda messed with the quality of the lead. I think you should add a rythem guitar so you dont have to switch from playing rythem to lead, gives it more structure. Also drums would even it up a bit, even if its crappy drums, in does need them. Its not hardcore, IDK, I would just call it rock. Keep up the good work though.
Quote by Kruptos
i love it. certain parts do sounds very fall of troy-influenced...but its not a bad thing. you totally got your own sound. you just need some drums in there to tighten up the rhythm cuz its all over the place. then add some screaming and you'll rule the world. hahaha i'm praising you a lot because I love fall of troy. lol not their new **** but their first 2 albums...hopefully their 4th album will come out better than the last one. lol

but yeah good job...you wanna check out some of my music?? it may not be your style but I like to experiment with different genres hahaha

thanks a lot man! i love the fall of troy too, and like you said, my playing is influenced by them. you're right about the rhythm and i was thinking that too. i'll have to work on getting some drums for it. lol i don't think i would do a good job with the screaming, so i'll have to find someone to help out with that lol. again thanks!
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, its a good song, but like the above poster, it is kinda all over the place, I think you were using a delay on the lead or something, becuase it would echo the lead, kinda messed with the quality of the lead. I think you should add a rythem guitar so you dont have to switch from playing rythem to lead, gives it more structure. Also drums would even it up a bit, even if its crappy drums, in does need them. Its not hardcore, IDK, I would just call it rock. Keep up the good work though.

i actually played both rhythm and lead on one side then played the lead part only on the other because i wanted the leads to be heard but yeah, you're right its delay kinda ruined the intent of it lol. i'll try just doing rhythm and lead like you said. and drums
thanks for the feedback!

and thanks for help with the genre lol
Wow, I really like this. Do you suppose you could tab out a portion of it for me so I could learn it too? If you could tab out from 0:00 to :135 that would be sick bro.