Poll: Which cab do you think is best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which cab do you think is best?
Hartke
16 57%
12 43%
Voters: 28.
So, It seems the Avatar 2x10 cab came out on top last time, but as my summer job fills my pocket a new fight begins!
My current setup
Carvin Redline 1000watt Head

Now this setup is all fine and dandy for practice, but for gigs I want a lot of headroom. My Avatar runs 500 watts at 4 ohms when the two poweramps are bridged so I can get another 500 watt 4 ohm cab to perfectly match the head( 1000 watts at 2 ohms bridged). So I need yous guises help to choose a cab...

The Mighty Hartke Hydrive HX115!
http://www.zzounds.com/item--HTKHX115
I can get this for 400 bucks shipped free(Blemished),It has casters, and I tried the hydrive 15 inch combo and loved it. Only con is phasing, I have no idea about that though.

or

The Powerfull Avatar B212 neo LF!
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/
I can get this for 417 bucks shipped, No casters, but LF speakers can apparently go lower than normal neos.

Vote and voice your oppinions!
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Hartke.

there is a point at which some big air needs to be movin for the club to be groovin, and the 15 does that.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
Hartke.

there is a point at which some big air needs to be movin for the club to be groovin, and the 15 does that.

+1

big speaker=win
no sig for joo
Honestly, a 2x12 pushes more air than a 1x15. a 2x12 will get just about as low as a 1x15 and still retain clarity in the upper ranges.

The 1x15 does have the aluminum and paper mix which should help keep things tight in the higher range but I am personally not a fan of the sound of these cabs...many people are, though. I've never been able to exactly pinpoint what i don't like about it. I just feel indifferent on the tone i guess and that's not how i want to feel about my tone.

BIAS ALERT: I am a huge fan of 12" speakers(i run a 4x12 myself) so remember to take this post with a ...grain of salt(no better words sorry)
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
Honestly, a 2x12 pushes more air than a 1x15. a 2x12 will get just about as low as a 1x15 and still retain clarity in the upper ranges.

The 1x15 does have the aluminum and paper mix which should help keep things tight in the higher range but I am personally not a fan of the sound of these cabs...many people are, though. I've never been able to exactly pinpoint what i don't like about it. I just feel indifferent on the tone i guess and that's not how i want to feel about my tone.

BIAS ALERT: I am a huge fan of 12" speakers(i run a 4x12 myself) so remember to take this post with a ...grain of salt(no better words sorry)

a 15 is going to add depth. no getting around it. it's got a bigger radius. 12's do retain a lot of low, but he already has the 10's for that top end- something specialized for lows would be best.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

With the 2x10 i'd personally go with another 4x12 but a 1x15 will add plenty of leghair moving thump.

Where are you going to be using them, op?
IS the 2x10 4 or 8 ohms, just wondering. Cause if its 8 ohms i myself would run 4 2x10's there, to move some serious air. and stack them vertically.
Otherwise i would get the 1x15 to move a little bit more lowend. As revalation said the 2x12 will produce better lowendand put out more topend. But i dont like 12's so whatever's good for you.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
My 2x10 is 4 ohms. I want two 4 ohm cabs that both run at 500 watts, and since my 2x10 already does that, one of these will have to work.
Quote by Bass First

Where are you going to be using them, op?

Churches and small concert halls. Wherever we can get a gig, which will 80 percent of the time be youth functions and revivals.
It says this for the avatar...
Eminence now makes custom LF versions of their Neo deltalite2 12 inch Neo just for Avatar so our new B212 goes even lower in frequency response than the previous Neo 12's. The new custom Neo 12 LF's have a longer cone travel (Xmax) than the stock Eminence model. (just like we did with the deltalite tens for our highly rated B210/B410 models) Super Low End!

just sos yous guys be knowin
the deltalines are very good, but i would always take brands advertising with a pinch of salt no matter how reliable the company is, there their to sell and nothing more.

ah but do like 12's or do like 15's or what. The 12's can go as low and higher than a 15 but the dont IMO have the roundness, their IMO a horrible stalemate.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Hmmm.... Thinking about it more I think that a 15 would be the way to go. As previously stated, I already have tens so I dont really need the highs the 12 can offer, and a 15 has lowend and adds roundness to the overall sound.
Dispite the poll, Im going with harteke. Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate them.
Last edited by c3powil at Jul 28, 2009,
good one mate, its probably best.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Yeah I would go for the Hartke
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Quote by c3powil

Churches and small concert halls. Wherever we can get a gig, which will 80 percent of the time be youth functions and revivals.

Get the 15", your going to want that depth if your playing at youth functions. At church you can strip it down and use the 210 with the head alone.
Quote by Bass First
Get the 15", your going to want that depth if your playing at youth functions. At church you can strip it down and use the 210 with the head alone.

Yea, the whole reason I got a 2x10 instead of a 4x10 was for the portability to practice and small gigs.
I'm not sure but why not look into a Avatar 115 neo?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
sure get 2 of them in the long run and have a monster rig of doom.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Rywad
I'm not sure but why not look into a Avatar 115 neo?

this.

if you really like a lot of whooomp, do the 2x15.

I can't stand the whoomp at that level myself.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by fatgoogle

and stack them vertically.

so wait

o
o
o
o

or

oo
oo

?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

First way m41666
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I think i want the whomp, humanity. I already looked into avatar 15s and they seem to be discontinued.
hatke 2x15 it is!