...on my Epiphone LP Standard.

EDITED OP:

The bridge saddle screws rattle like hell, as they are loose in the sockets. There is no issue with bridge height or string buzz, and I have intonated it properly. I've loosened the screws (towards the neck) all the way, and tightened them from there. This has worked well to stabilise the 3rd to 6th string bridge saddle screws. However, I couldn't tighten the 1st and 2nd saddle screws enough to stop them rattling before they were properly intonated; i.e. in tightening them further, I would mess up the intonation. THAT'S what's wrong.

In addition, I really do not like the idea of the retainer wire to hold the saddles in place at all. Seems like a flimsy and crappy design to me. Any recommendations on what to look into?
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Aug 20, 2009,
set it up right?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Ive left the retainer wire off mine and it didnt rattle. The gotoh TOM doesnt have the retainer wire.
lol, the last post, on 7/27, was my birthday!

If your getting string buzz, it is your string height that is the issue, you probably don't need a new bridge.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Go for a Tone Pros Tune-o-Matic or if you really want to spend money the Pigtail one.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by NakedInTheRain
...on my Epiphone because it rattles like hell, and I really do not like the idea of the retainer wire. Seems like a flimsy and crappy design to me. Any recommendations on what to look into?

As a general rule I'd take it to a guitar store and get it looked at first unless you really know your ****. At least then you can say for sure it's not just badly set up. If they can't fix it then go nuts?
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
It's the saddle screws that are loose in the bridge, and are rattling when I strum/pick. It is set up properly. There is no string buzz issue.

EDIT:

I've edited my OP.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Aug 20, 2009,
I'm planning on putting a schaller roller bridge on my SG,but that's because I'll be getting a bigsby soon.Schaller probably makes a non roller TOM,have a look into that.Tone-pros also have a pretty decent TOM.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
i have the same problem with my G-400. on top of that it has a heavy duty trem tearing it apart even more. i've been meaning to replace it for quite some time i have had to live with flat intonation on that guitar for god knows how long to stop the saddles being torn out of the assey..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw

Thanks for the thought, but probably a little more than I want to spend. Would something like this be any good?