Ok here's the deal. I saw a pretty sweet squier with a tremolo and all for only 150$ I thought about buying it, sand it down, repaint it, put new hardware, new floyd rose, etc etc. I just wonder if it worth it. Would you guys give it a go for this guitar?

also, there's this one for only 100$

So, should i grab the first one and customize it?
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Buy th seconds pickguard. That's sweet. Then put it on the first, with the floyd, replace pups. And then that'd be sweet. I always wanted a mirror pickguard.

Also, I hate the first ones neck. Fenders are not meant to have the lefty headstocks on them.
..I was watching my death.
I'd give the first one a go. Reverse headstock and Floyd style trem? Heck yes.

Quote by timbit2006
Buy th seconds pickguard. That's sweet. Then put it on the first, with the floyd, replace pups. And then that'd be sweet. I always wanted a mirror pickguard.

Also, I hate the first ones neck. Fenders are not meant to have the lefty headstocks on them.

Tell that to Jimi Hendrix.
god, i think i'll try to bargin both and get them for like 200, 220$
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
do it, key is to replace the pickups then they will sound good.
~Defiant~
Quote by cedricsmods

It's hard to talk to dead people

I'm just not a fan of the reverse headstock on a strat. However, on an Ibanez, or Jackson. That's a different story.
You know Jimi Hendrix stole the guitar smashing thing from Pete Townshend of The Who?
Jimi was opening for a The Who concert, on their American tour, and he smashed his guitar, after seeing Pete do it.
Useless but cool piece of information. Completely irellevent, but you Mentioned Jimi, so I talked about him.

Tony Iomi has a mirror pickguard on his guitar, which also has crosess on it too.

Quote by AmericanParadox
god, i think i'll try to bargin both and get them for like 200, 220$

It's the same person for both? Sweet! I'd definately buy both then. I'd use the Squiers body(or whichever has nicer wood)
Then, put the mirror pickguard on, the normal neck on. It' be so sweet. Then you'd have 2.

On the lower-quality one(worst parts) I'd do some crazy neon design. Maybe even do a chakboard paint. I read that on a thread here a long time ago.

EDIT: @cedricsmods,
Jimi was also forced to have everything upside-down. so it really wasn't his choice.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Jul 27, 2009,
The black one looks pretty sweet, if you are looking to mod though you could always just pick me some parts for the blue one to make it look cooler
There both the same quality...pretty decent squiers to me.

anyway, i will change ALL the hardware for black ones on the first one and make a simple 1 humbucking guitar and repaint it in a nice flashy color and the second one(if i take it) i might just change the pickups in it and put a killswitch on it.

think its a good idea.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
What's the matter with the first guitar as it is? The finish appears to look good.
Could probably use better pickups if they're stock.

If you want refinish and replace everything, why not find an ugly, old piece of crap?
If it's only one,I'd get the second.But really,whichever one plays better.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by cedricsmods

I would but he's dead...
Yeah I'd customize the first one, sounds liek a good project.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Damn, the second one is already bought.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
Damn, the second one is already bought.

well that narrows your options then.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Yeah, i'll buy the first one. Ive checked on the net and its a Squier Stagemaster. Got a hell lot of good reviews and has a real Floyd Rose in it. It has been discountinued in 2000 and costed pretty much the same price as a MIM strat or even more Some guys said they paid them around 700/800$ they were selling it for aounrd 300/350$ used. This guy said he got it from a bet with someone and dosen't even play guitar so he has no knowledge so that would explain the low price he is selling it and the short "selling a guitar" description, haha. Im sure when i'll change the pups and hardware in this babe, she's gonna scream!

Check it out a bit

its made of solid Alder body too.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Last edited by AmericanParadox at Jul 28, 2009,
niceness! i saw a purple one of these in a pawn shop. they are truly interesting little beasts. make sure that you can set it up right, though. the one i played was set-up like crap...of course...that was a pawn shop....
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by cedricsmods

he had righty headstocks bro. he just flipped the whole guitar.

get the first it sounds really nice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by -MintSauce-
You'd be better off spending a bit more and getting one of these:

(Invalid img)

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsoashnaspe1.html

Ash body, instead of mystery wood, and $184.

Edit: Or get a Stagemaster if you're decided on the FR.

The Stagemaster has a solid Alder body.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by the humanity
he had righty headstocks bro. he just flipped the whole guitar.

get the first it sounds really nice.

I am fully aware of this. That was in reply to Timbit not liking the lefty headstock on the right handed strat. A right-handed guitar with a lefty headstock and a right handed guitar played flipped are both reverse headstocks in relation to the player. Besides looking different, it is more ergonomic.
Last edited by cedricsmods at Jul 28, 2009,
grrrrrr, the guy is not answering back the message i sent him. Hope its not sold or I didn't write the wrong email to contact me.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Yeah, if I do, i'll post some pics of it and i'll post some other pics when i'll be done with customizing this baby.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
^
Get the guitar, looks sweet. I love reverse headstocks.
Fender J-bass 24f
Fender Jaguar Bass
Schecter Stiletto Custom 5
Ashdown Electric Blue EVO II
depends what you want to do i think. if you want to do a paintjob i'd buy a decent kit - the hassle it will save you stripping paint is insane. if you want to change pickups and things - go for one of them - i say the blue one if the floyd is any good. although the black one is prettier
Just buy it!, dont listen to others, this guitar will rock the hell out of a kit, just because of the extreme reverse headstock style, its just awsome.

Just to say, that if you buy this, Id envy you, though I have a MIA strat.

This is my opinion of course
Cheers!!!!!!!!!

¡
Yeah, i really want to buy it but im waiting for the answer of the guy....
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET