So recently i was listening to wet sand (from RHCP, best song ever created btw) and at the goosebump part (4:01) there's an awsome effect added to john's strumming (i think so). Someone can tell me wut it is?
Quote by JFrusciante007
So recently i was listening to wet sand (from RHCP, best song ever created btw) and at the goosebump part (4:01) there's an awsome effect added to john's strumming (i think so). Someone can tell me wut it is?

a great song...haven't quite figured out what hes singing about but...wutever

in the song it sounds like keyboard, but my tabs got it there...course how much can you trust power tabs
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Listening now.

Why is Will Ferrell drumming for RHCP?

Edit:
Doesn't sound much like keyboard...

Maybe a filter of some sort?
There's a definite treble increase.
Last edited by unet at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by Clutch32192
a great song...haven't quite figured out what hes singing about but...wutever

Yeah, me either... I like to listen to it when I'm in a good mood, it's such a calming song, puts me in an amazing mood . Especially the verses and the "You don't form in the Wet Sand" parts.

Anyway, yeah, it's a completely different instrument. I'd say its a harpsichord or a keyboard.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
well, he had to take a break for a little bit to film land of the lost. good thing chickenfoot came around.

Understandable.

He's quite good actually.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
acting or drumming?

his acting is a bit.....similar to all of his other roles sometimes. drumming wise - man can keep a beat!

Like when he played that elf?

I suppose....he goes off beat sometimes.
Belive it or not, that part that sounds like a Harpsicord is not a Keyboard, it's actually a Guitar, but Froosh uses some harmony recording tricks to make it sound like a harpsicord.

Here's the article that describes it: http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/red-hot-chili/Sep-06/23160

Scroll down to the song listing and look for Wet Sand.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
LOL, I love the Chad Smith <-> Will Ferrell thing.

^ I've seen that article before, it's multitracking.