I had just played one at my friends house he had a 15w practice amp and i didnt think it was too bad, i did bring my ML-2 so it might have covered up something but, im just wondering why everyone hates this amp
and just so yall know i personally have a Crate half stack
Dont s**t in my mouth!!!!!
searchbar????? why are these banned, my bad im pretty new
+1

Quote by Alex Vik
It's digital sounding.

Also, searchbar. These threads are banned.

and

You probably don't have a ear for tone, plus having one as a little practice amp is not like the people that buy the half stack or whole stack versions.
Quote by whitenihilist
+1

and

You probably don't have a ear for tone, plus having one as a little practice amp is not like the people that buy the half stack or whole stack versions.

i do, thats why im asking why its so bad, ive heard some bad amps before and just was wondering
I had one for a couple of years, It sounds ok in the home studio. I giged once with it, and never again. At high volumes it fuzzed out. The distortion sounds like frying bacon, the on bboard effects have no "LOW" settings. (i.e. you get EVH flanger or none at all.) The models lack clarity.

It was good for what it did. It taught me the basics. Too many buttons, too many controls. I have a FM 100 H stack that isnt much better, but it simple, and my pedals tend to help my tone. (Pedals sounded like dookie n the spider).

Get one if you like, I have one for sale. If you like it, thats all that matters.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
They don't suck. Trust me. If you have an ear for tone, you cna change it around to your liking. Most people just put it on Insane and think its crazy, but its not. The Insane setting does sound fake but I am a huge tone hunter and I have a great tone with mine right now. Its the closest hing to buying a tube amp without buying a tube amp. I have only had the HD150 head though.
Last edited by Gregray88 at Jul 27, 2009,
Well the amp is not THAT bad... yeah sound a LOT digital but with a couple pedals it get solved... i have the 75 W and i hate it when i try it (was a gift) but when i plug my Metal Master it sounds OK...
Quote by Martindecorum
well if you had a good ear for sound, you will realise how digital it sound which looses all of its dynamics

They honestly do not sound digital with the right settings. I can see how if someone cranked the gain and took out all the bass it could, but I am totally satisfied with mine right now.
i hated it, bad crunch worse cleans than an MG, only thing it did decently was metal, but it'd take alot of EQing to get a decent sound. The FX were utterly useless IMO. Like whoever it was said, you go from none to way too much of whatever effect it is. And thats only cool If you have good cleans
Quote by MetalBucket
Well the amp is not THAT bad... yeah sound a LOT digital but with a couple pedals it get solved... i have the 75 W and i hate it when i try it (was a gift) but when i plug my Metal Master it sounds OK...
In my experience, it takes pedals horribly.
Close the thread, we won't report you unless some jerk comes along and decides too but these threads pop up every day. They are very digital sounding and you can do alot better for the money.