well i just recently bought a jackson randy rhoads...and the pick ups that are currently on it dont give me the sound i rlly want. i dont know if its the pick ups or amp. my amp i have is called Kustom. i got it reeeeaaaal cheap. the music i typically play on my jackson is usually theash metal and stuff like tht. what pick ups would you suggest i get to get the thrash sound?
I say you should look into a new amp. Kustom are generally decent amps, but any cheap amp (no matter the brand) isn't going to give you great tone.

Whats your budget?
no specific budget. but i could go with a nice amp without any effects cuz i got a boss overdrive/distortion pedal. but for an amp prolly no more than 400.
For your budget I recommend you look into a Peavey Windsor Studio 1x12 combo. The Windsor is a single channel, British voiced amp (think Marshall JCM800 type of tone) that will pull off thrash metal with ease.
take your guitar to a music store (Guitar center, local music stores) and try out some amps. that way you can figure out if its the amp or pickups.
pickups won't completely change your sound. all they can do is improve an already good setup, which you don't have.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
For your budget I recommend you look into a Peavey Windsor Studio 1x12 combo. The Windsor is a single channel, British voiced amp (think Marshall JCM800 type of tone) that will pull off thrash metal with ease.

I'd recommend you get a new amp before messing with pickups, and I think the Blackstar HT-5 stack would be better than the Peavey Windsor.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
I'd recommend you get a new amp before messing with pickups, and I think the Blackstar HT-5 stack would be better than the Peavey Windsor.

For hard rock or general metal I would second the HT-5 recommendation, but thrash is pretty much where the Windsor excels and I personally think it would be a better choice than an HT-5. To each his own though
Quote by i_am_metalhead
For hard rock or general metal I would second the HT-5 recommendation, but thrash is pretty much where the Windsor excels and I personally think it would be a better choice than an HT-5. To each his own though

hmmm you had much time with the Peavey Windsor?

I had about 20 minutes with it, so maybe I couldn't get that thrash sound in that time.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.