I usually play guitar with the treble and gain settings maxed at 10, needless to say i get a lot of feedback from my amp. So i looked for a pedal that would kill any feedback coming from my amp. I found the ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal.

Will this pedal get rid of the buzz in the background when im not playing, AND the high pitched screech i get when i try to turn my volume up?

Thanks in advance!
That cant sound good...

But yeah, that pedal would work
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
A lot of people will recommend the Decimator. I personally use a Boss NS-2 (although a lot of people claim that its a tone sucker - I've never noticed that problem myself though).

If you are able to, try the pedals out before you purchase them. If you can't try them then surf the web and read as many unbiased reviews and watch as many demo videos as you can so you can form a good opinion.
A noise gate negates the noise.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Decimator for sho'
i never tried the NS-2
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Yeah you could turn the treble down and save about 100 bucks. Otherwise, ISP or NS-2. What amp are you using?
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
First off, I dont want to have to lose the tone i want and not be able to play at loud volumes just to save 130 bucks. And right now im using a Marshall 50DFX, but i plan to buy a Marshall half stack in the near future.
Quote by Infowar
First off, I dont want to have to lose the tone i want and not be able to play at loud volumes just to save 130 bucks. And right now im using a Marshall 50DFX, but i plan to buy a Marshall half stack in the near future.

Haha, I bet the half stack will be another mg.

Seriously though, if your gain and treble is maxed ther eis gonna be feedback. A nosie gate will stop the feedback, but I don't think it will stop the background noise, I could be wrong though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Infowar

Which half stack are you looking at??
Quote by Infowar
Marshall DSL100MLB and MC412 Half Stack

Ew.

Try to find a used JCM 2000 DSL50 head. Pair that with a 1960A cab and you're set.
just cause everybody uses marshall, doesnt mean all marshalls are good... just saying. and yeah, you don't need gain and treble maxed, so just learn to play without tons of gain covering your mistakes and high end making your tone sound brittle.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I'm pretty sure gain at 10 is too much for anyone, especially on an MG.

Try turning it down? I notice past about 7 it only serves to add noise.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If you get a sudden, harsh high pitched screech at a certain volume, it's called microphonic feedback, and a noise gate won't stop it in the slightest. You can clearly hear the difference between normal feedback because microphonics tend to start very suddenly at a certain volume/gain level and sound a lot harsher than normal amp feedback.

My guess is you have a microphonic pickup. Cheaper Epiphones and Teles are particularly bad for it.
TS if your running the tele w vintage singles you list on your profile into an MG w the gain and treble maxed. You really need to examine your settings and choice of equipment vs buying a noise suppressor to cover things up. Its very likely w single coils and your settings that any noise pedal wont do much for you at all.
Or you could turn the treble down to 9 and the gain down to 8 or 7. And save yourself all that money, plus you would sound better. I find having Gain on 10 pretty much kills your tone.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?