I am currently looking for a new guitar and have been very impressed by the Jaguar HH. The looks, the sound, it is very appealing to me. But, playing it for 15 minutes in Guitar Center was fun but I want to know what some people that have used it for a while think. In case you were wondering, I play indie rock and a little shoegaze.

Also:

1. How does it handle odd tunings (i.e; F F C G D F, A A E E G# G#, etc...)?

2. I know the strings are known to pop out of the bridge, how much does it cost ot switch the bridge out and put in a mustang bridge?

3. How well does it hold up over time?

4. How is the clean tone (say if you were to play it through a VOX VT50)?

Thanks!
I have one. It's perfect for your genres.

I have NEVER had any trouble with the saddle.

I know you didn't ask, but the tuners take some getting used to.

I haven't done too many weird tunings though...

EDIT: The cleans are decent I guess. It's mainly the amp, not the guitar that controls cleans. But the coiltap on the bridge-bucker can give you lots of different clean tones.

Also, the killswitch is fun.

Thanks to the guy who reported it for the move, didn't even realize it was in the wrong section, I just got excited to talk about my guitar.
Last edited by RIPKurt67-94 at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by RIPKurt67-94
I have one. It's perfect for your genres.

I have NEVER had any trouble with the saddle.

I know you didn't ask, but the tuners take some getting used to.

I haven't done too many weird tunings though...

What's wrong with them? Are they hard to turn?
Get a jazzmaster.

Thom from Radiohead uses one and Sonic Youth uses them.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
Thom from Radiohead uses one and Sonic Youth uses them.

Those are two good reasons but I really like the tone-blending knobs on the Jaguar, you can get some pretty cool sounds with them (oh and Johnny Marr plays one ).
Quote by Musefan161
What's wrong with them? Are they hard to turn?

They have vintage style tuners on them, sort of like Fender bass tuners. It's all good, though.
I was looking into the HH version also after a saw the singer (dont know his name) from The Airbourne Toxic Event use one. So would this do stuff like Silversun Pickups well? More specifically the song Lazy Eye.

Sorry for the thread jack there.
i wish i had one
they are pretty versatile so i reckon you could get a silversun style sound. Might take you a while to get used to the knobs though, took me about an hour to find one sound when i played my mates :P
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
The HH one has pretty bad pickups but otherwise Ive always found Jags to be nice guitars
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
well, if I were you, I'd take the one with single coils, I think it'll suit your style better (indie has, most of the time a twangy sound, and for shoegaze, it's one blur so it doesn't matter, jk :p)

If you're not too wild with the vibrato bar and don't divebomb too much, there shouldn't be a problem with strings popping

I know, I haven't got one, but I'm GASing for one sooo desperately, especially since I played one in my music store, but it's definitely the guitar for you
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by poipoi
well, if I were you, I'd take the one with single coils, I think it'll suit your style better (indie has, most of the time a twangy sound, and for shoegaze, it's one blur so it doesn't matter, jk :p)

I know indie has a twangy sound and single-coils would fit it perfectly but I love the full sound of humbuckers.