Sooo I was playing my RG50TC the other day when I noticed that it sounded like its tone was cutting out. I believe one of the tubes in it is dead. I was going to replace the tubes sooner or later anyway, but now that this has happened I guess it is time. However, the store I was going to replace the tubes at said that they didn't rebias tube amps...I'm not quite sure what rebiasing means.

Help?
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
There should be a trim pot on the chassis of your amp near the tubes. You need a multi meter. Look up videos on youtube, it really isn't hard. You should look up what voltage you need to bias your tubes to also. If you bias them too hot, it could lead to red plating I bieleve. If too cold, the tubes won't sound good.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
There should be a trim pot on the chassis of your amp near the tubes. You need a multi meter. Look up videos on youtube, it really isn't hard. You should look up what voltage you need to bias your tubes to also. If you bias them too hot, it could lead to red plating I bieleve. If too cold, the tubes won't sound good.

How much would a multi meter cost?

And how would I find this voltage that I need?
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX