i was thinkin about getting one for the bridge on my fat strat. i play punk, pop punk, modern rock, and classic rock. right now im still usin the stock tex mex pickups.

3 questions

1. since this is a hotter pickup will i notice a bit more gain through a tube amp?

2. if any one has one, can u still get a classic rock sound by rolling back the volume?

3. i have a coil split right now, will that still work with the new pickup?

i'd appreciate any other input on the pickup 2. Thanx
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
A little bit.
Yeah.
Yeah, as long as you wire it in properly.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
about question 3: there's actually a special pickup that has all the same specs as a super distortion, but is made especially for coil splitting. get on dimarzio's website and check it out, it's in the high gain humbucker section.

and i had a super distortion on a guitar i had a year ago or so and it quickly made itself one of my favorite pickups of all time. clear as glass, great distortion, gets hot when you need it, does GREAT cleans

EDIT: called the "dual sound" DP101
wow thanx for the quick responses

awesome
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
The Dual #Sound is EXACTLY the same as the Super Distortion except it comes with a push pull pot - it's a hangover from when the original Super Distortions were two conductor and hence could only be connected in series, they're all 4-conductor now so it's kind of moot.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The Dual #Sound is EXACTLY the same as the Super Distortion except it comes with a push pull pot - it's a hangover from when the original Super Distortions were two conductor and hence could only be connected in series, they're all 4-conductor now so it's kind of moot.
This.

As for the classic rock thing. It does classic rock pretty well - try and remember that guys like Ace Freshly used Super Distortions to help get their tone in the golden days of rock.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Admittedly that's partly because the Super Distortion was pretty much the only aftermarket pickup that was available, but it's appeal is ongoing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I use a Dimarzio SD in my strat and i wouldn't change it for anything, U shud notice a fuller warmer more powerful sound then your stock pickup, I play a lot of classic rock and metal, Mostly Iron maiden and its perfect for what i need.
A defo upgrade i would make mate!!

www.myspace.com/Everdreamuk
www.myspace.com/Garyguitardude
Last edited by MaidenEngland at Jul 28, 2009,
Maiden don't use em anymore. Janic and Dave use stacked humbuckers...Seymour Duncan hotrails I think
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by turtlewax
Maiden don't use em anymore. Janic and Dave use stacked humbuckers...Seymour Duncan hotrails I think

Adrian smith uses them in his strats, old and the new ones
Quote by steven seagull
Admittedly that's partly because the Super Distortion was pretty much the only aftermarket pickup that was available, but it's appeal is ongoing.
huh, you learn something new every day.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Yeah, it was released in something like 1975...Larry Dimarzio was the pretty much first guy to start making replacement pickups in a big way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

On question 2;

Yes rolling back the volume cleans the gain up, but only (nicely) on a tube amp.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??