What are some of your thoughts on this?

I heard that Gore Verbinski is probably dropping out of this project... i would personally like to see Peter Jacksons return to horror be Bioshock.

i take the Jackson thing back. i want John Carpenter to do it. i dont think there was hardly any CG in The Thing and that was pretty damn good.
Last edited by runx2xthehills at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by runx2xthehills
What are some of your thoughts on this?

I heard that Gore Verbinski is probably dropping out of this project...

WHAT? Noooooooooo. Say it ain't so...
A Bioshock movie would be excellent, but I hope neither Verbinski nor Jackson do it.
As long as the visual effects aren't all CG and the acting/writing is well done.
Free speech is the right to shout "Theatre!" in a crowded fire.
Quote by flyingferrets
A Bioshock movie would be excellent, but I hope neither Verbinski nor Jackson do it.
As long as the visual effects aren't all CG and the acting/writing is well done.

i just really dont want Uwe Boll to get ahold of it...
all they need to do is just show footage from someone playing the game...
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
Quote by runx2xthehills

Quote by runx2xthehills

Uwe Boll is a plague on the film industry. I hate him more than Kanye West
Hai 2 u
i currently playing through it atm for my first time.

it has a good enough story, but it's difficult to understand anything until Atlas betrays you...and that's pretty deep into the gameplay.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Not many good move's based on games, not many good movies by Peter Jackson, so it can't be that good.

also why not make System Shock a movie first?
I dunno if it would work so well...the reason the game worked was because you could explore the rich environment, and because it was so immersive, it felt like you were actually the protaganist...I wonder how well it would translate to the movie screen.
Quote by BK202
Why don't they hand it down to a good independent horror director? I think it has potential, they just don't use as much CG. That'll kill it, and independent movies are usually better.

this guy... knows what i mean
^ I absolutely agree.
CG kills movies. If you need evidence, compare the first Star Wars movies with the Phantom Menace.
^ I agree with lp345

Some stories are better in the video game medium.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by flyingferrets
^ I absolutely agree.
CG kills movies. If you need evidence, compare the first Star Wars movies with the Phantom Menace.

I liked episodes 1-3 more than 4-6 because I think CG is awesome.
Hai 2 u
Quote by flyingferrets
^ I absolutely agree.

not to mention the little "add ins" that they did to the old ones *shivers*
the freaking singing part in Return of the Jedi was a terrible idea.
Quote by Roads5

Well I think that the CG (particularly in episode 1) overwhelmed the acting and the plot.
But maybe that's because I just think it was an all around bad movie.
Quote by runx2xthehills
not to mention the little "add ins" that they did to the old ones *shivers*
the freaking singing part in Return of the Jedi was a terrible idea.

Oh my god yes, I have to fast forward through that every time.
Quote by hamett91
The Half-Life series would be a much better movie, in my opinion.

Here's hoping it turns out better than the Doom movie.

So I'm not alone!

Well, I'll go see it, Bioshock is amazing.

Edit: Unless Uwe Boll decides he wants to direct it. Also,

Quote by Waterboy799
i currently playing through it atm for my first time.

it has a good enough story, but it's difficult to understand anything until Atlas betrays you...and that's pretty deep into the gameplay.

Thanks for not spoiling it for me, prick.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by Roads5

CG is like really good Beer, It's great but drink too much and it kills you. then people draw on our face with a marker, and that means closed casket funerals so nobody will pay respects to you. so too much CG = Shittyness
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
Quote by Primus2112
So I'm not alone!

Well, I'll go see it, Bioshock is amazing.

No you're not either. Half life would be amazing. And once I get a disposable income, I plan on making Fallout 3 into a movie. Not a ****ty one, but capturing that full wasteland effect. I really want to capture the bleak nothingness, but a DV camcorder and nowhere to shoot doesn't really hit the spot. I've always had a thing for making movies.
Quote by BK202
No you're not either. Half life would be amazing. And once I get a disposable income, I plan on making Fallout 3 into a movie. Not a ****ty one, but capturing that full wasteland effect. I really want to capture the bleak nothingness, but a DV camcorder and nowhere to shoot doesn't really hit the spot. I've always had a thing for making movies.

Hey, Mad Max was made for dirt cheap in the Australian outback. And that was one very successful movie. Although filming a post-apocalyptic city would be a lot more expensive than a desert.
Quote by creeping.death!
Funny, I've always thought that Bioshock would be better as a movie than as a game...

Quote by flyingferrets
Hey, Mad Max was made for dirt cheap in the Australian outback. And that was one very successful movie. Although filming a post-apocalyptic city would be a lot more expensive than a desert.

Yea. I wish I wasn't 14 and living in suburban Chicago. One of my dreams is to be a filmmaker, but that will never happen. I've written several screenplays that will never ever see the light of day.
Quote by BK202

Holy crap dude, you're like, awesome.
Quote by Primus2112
Holy crap dude, you're like, awesome.

Thank you!

Just noticed your location is Megaton. If I were to make it independently, I was thinking of shooting only up until the part when Megaton blows up or you choose to not, then making part 2, so on. I would like to see the character struggle with his/her inner demons as the desicion looms upon them like a creature of the night. I think to make the next few parts interesting, I would blow it up. I have a cast of small-time actors/musicians to make up these roles too.
Quote by creeping.death!
Well, imo, the only things that stood out in Bioshock were the setting, the characters and, to a lesser extent, the story. Take those away and it's just another generic FPS.

Yeah, but I loved the way the game was presented through the first person medium, it added a whole other level of immersiveness that couldn't be obtained in a film version IMO
Quote by BK202
Thank you!

Just noticed your location is Megaton. If I were to make it independently, I was thinking of shooting only up until the part when Megaton blows up or you choose to not, then making part 2, so on. I would like to see the character struggle with his/her inner demons as the desicion looms upon them like a creature of the night. I think to make the next few parts interesting, I would blow it up. I have a cast of small-time actors/musicians to make up these roles too.

We should be friends.

Yeah, I didn't blow up Megaton. It's a great hub, doctor, supplies and stuff. But for a movie, that would work.
Quote by Primus2112
We should be friends.

Yeah, I didn't blow up Megaton. It's a great hub, doctor, supplies and stuff. But for a movie, that would work.

I didn't either, but I didn't know that breaking into the armory would set off that robot. It chased me back to my house and by then, 7 settlers, Jericho, and that robot followed me in. I had a pistol and a baseball bat.

And yea, I envisioned the parts that follow blowing up Megaton as his souless quest to find his father, ultimately haunting him with visions of people he met burning, and he is a hollow shell by the time it all ends.
Quote by lp345
Yeah, but I loved the way the game was presented through the first person medium, it added a whole other level of immersiveness that couldn't be obtained in a film version IMO

Although I see where you're coming from, I can't really say I agree