Well i'm still trying to decide but i listen to a few bands that play 7 strings(Fear factory,arkaea and more) I would like to eventually get either a schecter 7 string or a jackson christian wolbers signature 7 string.

Are they really worth it?

Do you learn any better skills.. i also understand you can still play 6 string songs on them.. Can you play in drop C with a 7 string though?

Don't bother saying i need a new amp because i know i do.. but i'm saving for that... i need a better fixed bridge guitar..

Also my price range will be around $1000.00 if you can reccomend me a better one
Jackson Hellraiser 7 or the fixed bridge Loomis 7. Yeah, you still got ability to play 6 string songs on them (just don't use the low B), and you have another string for sweep arpeggios, scales, chords, etc.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
you can play in drop c with a 7 but its never really done. whats the point? thats why you get a 7, for a bigger range (lower range). I use a 7 for drop B (the chris storey tuning). makes for crazy solos.

if your gonna play in drop c just get a 6...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I wouldn't say it's worth it unless you're writing and composing with it since there aren't many 7-string bands. You can play most 7-string songs on a 6-string by tuning to B Standard and moving the higher parts up a couple frets.
I'm not totally sure on 7 string tunings, but I do know its "B E A D G B E" and so that would mean Drop C would be "A C G C F A D," so yes. You just have an extra string.

But I could be totally wrong.

Get the Schecter 7 string. Signature guitars are lame. Buy the Schecter and make it YOUR Signature guitar.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 28, 2009,
I know you said it, but how about putting your money for the guitar with your money for the amp and buy something badass.

Don't even mention my MG, because I've solved that problem.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
yeah personally i will never buy a loomis 7.. i hate the look.. just plain ugly to me.. and the only reason i wanna know about drop C is because i wanna be able to play songs in drop c to.. bassicly i would own a schecter damien 6 FR which i can only go in standard and drop D.. i play alot of rammstein hence the reason for wanting to know about drop C
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
I know you said it, but how about putting your money for the guitar with your money for the amp and buy something badass.

Don't even mention my MG, because I've solved that problem.

i will never buy a Marshall in my life.. i wanna purchase a randall 75 watt or even 30 watt tube amp.. then continue saving over time in for the next few years and get a engl thunder50 or a invander 100
i have a schecter a-7 7 string. i prefer 6 strings but i gotta say that mine almost feels like playing a 6. as far as the drop c thing gos, its really awkward to play a 7 string drop tuned at the 6, i just think it feels weird
The 7 string is going to be fixed bridge? Get that for your B standard, E standard and Drop D and Drop A songs and use the Damien 6 FR for D standard and Drop C. That would be my plan with those guitars.
Quote by SPBY
if your gonna play in drop c just get a 6...

This...

If what you want to do can be done on a 6 string then dont even bother. I'd say if your playing alot of stuff where you have to go B or lower then get the 7. I can go all the way down to C standard on my 6 and not have any problems, but past that.... meh, not so good.

Its possible to play in drop C on a 7 string but it'd be a bit awkward im sure. It would be downtuned at the 6th string and you wouldnt even be using the 7th, so it would be kinda stupid, but nonetheless possible.

And yes playing a 7 string will make you an overall more knowledgeable guitarist and it can make things such as scales and arpeggios more interesting to play. But the main purpose is just to get a lower range of notes, therefore a more complex style of rhythm playing. Soloing is doable, but tends to be done mostly on the higher strings eliminating the purpose of a 7 string.

So depending on what you want to do, it may or may not be worth it.