my current pedals are in my sig. I play mostly 80's metal/thrash metal. My favorite bands are iron maiden metallica and megadeth. The distortion factory is really good for metal. I need a pedal that can do maiden well though. Maybe the mxr distortions or mi audio crunch box. I'm looking to get a phase 90 and maybe a reverb/new delay pedal. What are some pedal recomendations.
What's your amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Distortion for Metal? Hmmm...

If you gotz big baller budget - Get the Mesa V-Twin Dist Pedal. Two Tubes! Sweet tone.

The DS-1 and MT-2 (Boss) are both solid Metal pedals that I see a lot on rigs.

For the old school sound, I'd check out a ProCo RAT Pedal. They have that 80's sound when the get Eq'd up right

The LINE 6 Ubermetal has a lot of options. You might also look into running an overdrive pedal with your dist factory.

- If I was going to copy Maiden, I'd look into what Amps they run first. If that was out of the question, I'd look at the ProCo
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by LaidBack
What's your amp?

+1

Its pretty pointless to drop a bunch of money into trying to improve bad tone via stomp boxes when you could be spending your money on an amp that already has great tone.
i have a cheap marshall, and i use the Jason Becker pro tone dist. pedal, sounds killer for that early British kind of sound, it thinks its an amp.. it gets better sounding as you get louder. i recommend it. also i just got myself a mxr carbon copy, probably been said a hundred times but, great pedal!
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac

The DS-1 and MT-2 (Boss) are both solid Metal pedals that I see a lot on rigs.

The LINE 6 Ubermetal has a lot of options. You might also look into running an overdrive pedal with your dist factory.

Holy crap, there's so much fail in these statements here.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.