Yeah, I had an appointment this morning at 8:30, which sucks because I went to bed at 3:00AM... Ah well.

I wasn't sure if I was calm or nervous during the thing. During the procedure, my heart started pounding, but I wasn't really scared. The procedure itself wasn't too bad, and compared to other people's stories went quite well. I believe I counted... more than 16 needles in the mouth (none in the tongue, I THINK) for the freezing, and then the dentists went to work... I only heard one of my teeth crack, thankfully.

When I got home, I just kinda sat there changing the gauze pads every now and then, BUT THE BLEEDING WOULDN'T STOP. Later, I learn that you're not supposed to use a straw when you drink things, and you're not supposed to spit, both of which I did.

Now I'm afraid of getting dry socket, but at least the bleeding has stopped... At least, I think it has. There's definitely a metallic taste from the top ones that they removed, but that could just be... residue, or something.

So, any interesting stories regarding your... eh... wisdom teeth removal stories?
my best friend called me after he got his removed. He looked like a chipmunk I was later told, but he sounded high as **** on the phone. He was all like, "You know what? You're awesome. Okay bye." in a really...wobbly voice. It was hilarious
The medicine the gave me made me energetic and increased my libido.

By a lot.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Dry sockets are supposed to be tons worse than the actual procedure. Thats funny I think.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Quote by Caltelt
Dry sockets are supposed to be tons worse than the actual procedure. Thats funny I think.

Well yeah, the procedure was nothing... My friend just got his stitches out today, and he has dry socket unfortunately... But at least he managed to tell me what NOT to do No one told me not to spit.

Seeing my blood over the dentist's mask and gloves was kinda interesting.

The meds I got were... Uh... Something to prevent infection (clindamycin, I think), and some pills I'm supposed to start taking tomorrow for something that I can't remember. I could have gotten painkillers, but I settled for Tylenol extra-strength
Quote by texico11
Can you choose? Why would anybody not have one

Of course I can... and was reading a thread about this topic earlier this week, only 60% of respondents said go under general. The rest were trying to prove their manhood.

Good to know things went well, TS.
Just got mine taken out friday. Not that bad except my for the first day and a half or so and the diet afterwards.

Honestly I've had a pretty similar procedure done before this with laughing gas instead of getting knocked out, and I can't say that one was really any better than the other.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Of course I can... and was reading a thread about this topic earlier this week, only 60% of respondents said go under general. The rest were trying to prove their manhood.

Good to know things went well, TS.

god i hate it when people think pain=manliness. it doesnt mean you're tough, just a fucking moron.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Seems like you're going through more pain than if you just put up with wisdom teeth coming through.
I didn't have a choice, they just started sticking needles in my mouth. Maybe if I told them I was terrified of needles or something, they would have had some other option, but whatever.

Still slightly freaking out about dry socket... There's still some bleeding when I brush my teeth and stuff, but there isn't the pulsating pain that my friend described, which is good.
I'm guessing I'll have to get mine removed..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..