When does a beginner guitarist become a novice? When does a novice become an intermediate(sp?) player? When do you become an expert?

I find these terms rather unspecific.
Clarificashunz pl0x?
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
i am expert
you are novice

lol
how do you tell?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
I don't think there are clear cut points for them. I guess its different in everyone's mind
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Well, if they can grade you... than couldn't you just add a name to grades?

Grades 1-> 2 = Beginner
Grades 3-> 4 = Novice
Grades 5-> 6 = Intermediate
Grades 7-> 8 = Expert

Of course, that only works if you've been graded Anyways, it difficult to fully grasp someones skills in guitar... as guitar is a very broad instrument! For example, The best metal lead guitarist... could suck at fingerstyle, and so on! So unless you're judging someone on a specific genre or style... it would be near impossible!
You become novice when you can play guitar hero on medium
You become intermediate when you can play on hard
And you become expert when you can play every song upside down with your feet after drinkin 3 bottles of tequila and smokin an ounce of weed, while having to watch a sextape your parents made the night you were conceived.
Guitar is not a competition, therefore grading people is irrelevant. The only labeling I'd put to guitar players is hobbyist (who does it for fun/gigs occasionally but still has to keep a day job) and professional (whose main source/major source of income is from their playing)
You don't, there's no such thing as levels on the guitar really - it's just a gradual progression.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
There ain't real levels in guitarplaying. Irrelevant...

But what I do find weird is the following. Jeff Loomis for example is by many called a guitar god, because of his technique and composition talen/skill.
But no one even thinks of calling someone else a guitar god while that person can perfectly play the stuff that Jeff Loomis has written. I think someone who can play that well deserves some kind of guitar god title too.
My advice: Decide for yourself what level you are. If you can't, don't bother. If someone asks you how good you are, just tell them how many years you've been playing and they can decide for themselves.
Quote by JAHellraiser
You become novice when you can play guitar hero on medium
You become intermediate when you can play on hard
And you become expert when you can play every song upside down with your feet after drinkin 3 bottles of tequila and smokin an ounce of weed, while having to watch a sextape your parents made the night you were conceived.

Please read the rules, in particular, about spam.
Been away, am back
Cause I see these terms used around here and I was like WTF? I wasn't saying that people should be graded or anything.
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
Quote by zomghax
Cause I see these terms used around here and I was like WTF? I wasn't saying that people should be graded or anything.

There are no levels. But for the sake of telling strangers on the internet how good you are when you're asking for help, "beginnger" usually means you've been playing a few months at most, you're still figuring things out. everything after that is really just speculation based on how you play. I guess beginnger is really the only concrete category.
Quote by KoenDercksen

But what I do find weird is the following. Jeff Loomis for example is by many called a guitar god, because of his technique and composition talent/skill.
But no one even thinks of calling someone else a guitar god while that person can perfectly play the stuff that Jeff Loomis has written. I think someone who can play that well deserves some kind of guitar god title too.

But they didn't actually write the parts, he did.
People who can play them are just copying off him, so why should they be held in the same regard?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
^^^^
Thats's another thing. Since when is skill = technical ability only? skill = creativity and technical ability.
Quote by Kumanji