took me about 4 days to put this song together, its my first completed guitarpro and hopefully the first song of the future folk band, Hierophant.

please tear it to shreds, tell me what you think of the song structure, feeling and what seems out of place.

thanks!
Attachments:
bearheart.zip
Last edited by Piano-Forte at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by Gun Delirious
Sounds like a Finnish metal song. That's probably why I like it so much.

Wow you think?!

Nice intro. The strings part adds a ton to it.
All of the melodies are great, but lead guitar is a little too much
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by StewieSwan
Wow you think?!

Nice intro. The strings part adds a ton to it.
All of the melodies are great, but lead guitar is a little too much

what do you mean by a little too much?
Quote by Piano-Forte
what do you mean by a little too much?

Umm, it's just, too much...lol. It's too distracting i guess
PM me for newts
This reminds me of Alestorm... pirate metal, and I like Alestorm....this is awsome... i see really nothing to change
Thanks for the crit on my song, I'd love to crit yours but I can't open the file, every time I click on test.zip it opens a test.zip.cpgz, and if I open that it opens another zip file, maybe it's cause I'm on a mac.
Mind uploading the gp5 file directly?
It sounded pretty folk/pirate metal to me, not sure what you mean by 80s rock demonstration.

And you wrote this in one morning? That's amazing. It takes me forever to come up with decent melodies, but this song is kickass. The only part that feels kinda weird is at bar 37, everything just kinda cuts out. Giving it a faster drumbeat in some places might up the folk/power-metalness a bit.

I'm not sure if it's finished but at the moment its a 9/10.
Last edited by Z3r0747 at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by Piano-Forte
direct is too large

dont worry about it, thanks for trying

Dammit, I really wanted to listen to this.
Oh well, at least this post helped by bumping your thread.
i dont really listen to folk metal much but i like this. being a bassist i would have made the bass a bit more technical even if it ends up following the guitar kinda closely. i liked the guitar melodies, really catchy. might wanna name your tracks something besides "track1" but its not a big deal.

C4C?

I made a thread for the song in my attachment but it was midi, this is a zipped gp5
Attachments:
New.zip
thanks for the crit man.
i liked this a lot. i dont listen to this folk metal stuff often but when i hear it i always enjoy it a lot. has so much energy. theres not much to say i dont think anything should be changed.

and yea the bass tuning was wrong, but it still sounded good. i fixed the bass tuning and listened again and it sounded even better.