Page 1 of 2
Lol wut...lulz
Banned
110 IQ
i've noticed that a lot of punks think that in order to be punk, you need to rebel against two main things: society and the government. the music must also have a certain edge and must be most of the time loud and abrasive. well, i think this is kind of dumb...punk is saying **** YOU to anyone, which can include punks. so when green day decided to come out with american idiot, they were basically saying we don't give a **** if people think we're selling out, this is who we are. so really, it's no wonder that green day isn't considered punk because there's this fascist attitude about what's punk or not. if someone doesn't share your views about everything, then they aren't punk.

i realize that this forum is essentially nazi germany and the mods are like gestapo, but you all know i'm right
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
Edit:
Green Day is for poseurs, f*ggot.
Last edited by charliezard! at Jul 28, 2009,
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Yeah, sargasm is just like the Gestapo. No, actually he's more like Hitler.

And +1 to charliezard.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
I really wish I could punch people over TCP/IP. That would be what I'd wish for if I found a genie.

That and a jetpack.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Solid S/hit
729 IQ
punk is **** anyway, so no worry homies
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Nietsche
Registered Hoover
386 IQ
Quote by axeslash
I really wish I could punch people over TCP/IP. That would be what I'd wish for if I found a genie
Nah Brah brutal slaughter is the way to go

EDIT: Why don't you wine to the Pop Punk & Emo forum about how 'punx rawk' you are because you listen to green day and how all the other mean punk kids said it wasn't punk. Look they've even got a thread on them -> https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433326
Last edited by Nietsche at Jul 28, 2009,
blackflag49
Banned
412 IQ
Quote by Lol wut...lulz
i've noticed that a lot of punks think that in order to be punk, you need to rebel against two main things: society and the government. the music must also have a certain edge and must be most of the time loud and abrasive. well, i think this is kind of dumb...punk is saying **** YOU to anyone, which can include punks. so when green day decided to come out with american idiot, they were basically saying we don't give a **** if people think we're selling out, this is who we are. so really, it's no wonder that green day isn't considered punk because there's this fascist attitude about what's punk or not. if someone doesn't share your views about everything, then they aren't punk.

i realize that this forum is essentially nazi germany and the mods are like gestapo, but you all know i'm right

Kiss. My. Grits.
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
Quote by axeslash
I really wish I could punch people over TCP/IP. That would be what I'd wish for if I found a genie.

That and a jetpack.

Jetpacks will never be practical cuz if they fail you won't be high up enough for a parachute to open and save you.

But you will be high up enough to go splat.

However I'm sure a genie's magic could fix that.
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
So your basically saying that punk can be anything? o.O

Im not one of the "omg you likes green day!? your not p0nx!!!" people, but certain bands have lost their connection to punk or have honestly never been a part of it. I honestly couldnt care less cos they still play the music they enjoy, and thats what its all about. Just dont give bands false labels.

Also, i dont think you HAVE to rebel against society, government, etc., but if you just listen to punk and dont believe in anything about it, then your more or less just a fan.

SIEG HEIL!
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Carcomelo
Pelotudo Internacional
22 IQ
Yeah, its all relative, i like britney spears and random pop **** , but i am really a punk guy, hey.

Dude, greenday only wanted to make lots of money complaining about things while they are with the damn multinational monsters, that has no ****ing sense, you can't be that hypocrite and still be called punk, well, you can, buy not by me.
Aniquilando.
Agua que no puedo respirar.
Aire que no puedo navegar.
Last edited by Carcomelo at Jul 28, 2009,
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
3,296 IQ
Do you understand fascism?
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
Quote by DempseyPunk
So your basically saying that punk can be anything? o.O

Im not one of the "omg you likes green day!? your not p0nx!!!" people, but certain bands have lost their connection to punk or have honestly never been a part of it. I honestly couldnt care less cos they still play the music they enjoy, and thats what its all about. Just dont give bands false labels.

Also, i dont think you HAVE to rebel against society, government, etc., but if you just listen to punk and dont believe in anything about it, then your more or less just a fan.

SIEG HEIL!

I was being sarcastic, and I like Green Day.

shhh.
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
You don't understand anything about punk or fascism TS. Punk is a genre music and a community. Most of the punk bands I listen to aren't overtly political in their music because they don't have to be. Just listen to some music and read the threads in this forum for about a month and then come back and talk. I don't understand why people get these ideas in their head about what punk is and who's punk and who's not.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by StreetLight3989
You don't understand anything about punk or fascism TS. Punk is a genre music and a community. Most of the punk bands I listen to aren't overtly political in their music because they don't have to be. Just listen to some music and read the threads in this forum for about a month and then come back and talk. I don't understand why people get these ideas in their head about what punk is and who's punk and who's not.
Uh the guy who started the thread got banned broski.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
What I don't understand is that the TS got banned but the thread didn't get closed.
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Quote by axeslash
Uh the guy who started the thread got banned broski.

Oh well, he's probably still lurking his threads and it's just a general statement.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Until it's closed, this thread is for spam.

z/sdglk,r;mljmkijxsgikaesd9kgijgkijakdjkjakjdkajfvkjosinarnsed ,.pn/udn ui;pdrlogvkrsojvbgkijsfraiJMkijjsmakv jigjikjaeskjbg rijsakiejgekrjaki igvjaserdiktg jukaejr tgoueasiojm fgvkjmogadmkerjmokgt rejuk,e'atgkr ajikgsjmgktoiureaojn gvkmjneaktgi rkijnkgvtrfdjxckjufri jgjnafijgtkifredxkcjr kjet ikjcxk tkicunteddkiejrf kijenfrw vkijrf kijfrju kijunwraoie;rf jukderjfkidejufr kiikedrfjuskijukiedfrjukiewa srfjulekiwjm ewrijufewsk balls jekwajirpew;jopkswejfrkjmWAKjekjnwekjkjekwsjkwjoljjmskjekja doo-whacka-doo jaweikjroijwearjolwiehnarejnweahnkiwsikjwksikjnwskkeidjrwkejejwksjweksjmkswnjaewspjopjsajwepj'pajotjweaopj'eiw'jepjwkshjneiwajk,mnjgawtfjkiwaej'pioewsajeskwajuewkjewkiarujeowjrfwkeajiorjowiejkiikjuikwskijmwkjakihjew
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
I'm sorry. I have changed my ways. I shall never spam again.
devourthekitten
UG Monkey
2,088 IQ
This is all I can say...

z/sdglk,r;mljmkijxsgikaesd9kgijgkijakdjkjakjdkajfvkj osinarnsed ,.pn/udn ui;pdrlogvkrsojvbgkijsfraiJMkijjsmakv jigjikjaeskjbg rijsakiejgekrjaki igvjaserdiktg jukaejr tgoueasiojm fgvkjmogadmkerjmokgt rejuk,e'atgkr ajikgsjmgktoiureaojn gvkmjneaktgi rkijnkgvtrfdjxckjufri jgjnafijgtkifredxkcjr kjet ikjcxk tkicunteddkiejrf kijenfrw vkijrf kijfrju kijunwraoie;rf jukderjfkidejufr kiikedrfjuskijukiedfrjukiewa srfjulekiwjm ewrijufewsk balls jekwajirpew;jopkswejfrkjmWAKjekjnwekjkjekwsjkwjolj jmskjekja doo-whacka-doo jaweikjroijwearjolwiehnarejnweahnkiwsikjwksikjnwsk keidjrwkejejwksjweksjmkswnjaewspjopjsajwepj'pajotj weaopj'eiw'jepjwkshjneiwajk,mnjgawtfjkiwaej'pioews ajeskwajuewkjewkiarujeowjrfwkeajiorjowiejkiikjuikw skijmwkjakihjew
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
I personally think that, this forum being essentially Nazi Germany, and the mods being gestapo, this forum is like our concentration camp... with... upping punx being like the hating Jews. Err... wait. The pop-punk forum is like the concentration camp, where we send all the Jews (poseurs).

Am I on to sumthin?
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
Damn...

I was just trying to make sense of this post.

Quote by Lol wut...lulz

werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by charliezard!
The pop-punk forum is like the concentration camp, where we send all the Jews (poseurs).

Yes, I think that's correct. Who are the Allied Powers getting in our way? Metal forum maybe? But that doesn't seem quite right.
charliezard!
1,337 IQ
Quote by werty22
Yes, I think that's correct. Who are the Allied Powers getting in our way? Metal forum maybe? But that doesn't seem quite right.

I assume they would be all the liberal alt/indie forum ...and probably the metal forum. Bastards.
I'm still not sure who Hitler is.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
I guess zappp would be Hitler. Except he doesn't really do anything here.

I got it. sargasm is Hitler and the people who always report threads are the Gestapo. Maybe. Still doesn't quite make sense...
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Let's kill ourselves right now. The whole punk forum can have a good ol' fashioned mass suicide. Then it will be on the news and stuff. And UG will get shut down for accommodating a suicide cult.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Hey, Hitler killed himself, so that proves that TS's analogy was accurate.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
It's been 15 minutes and no one has posted. YOU DIDN'T KILL YOURSELVES DID YOU??