I've narrowed down my selections to the Blackstar HT5, Bugera 333/XL and Bugera 6262.

Few questions:

Are the new Bugeras more reliable, will the line out on the back using a 6.5mm to 3.5mm cable plug into a computer line in, does the Bugera 6262 have a line out, and is it good quality?

I was playing through a 333 yesterday and I actually quite liked the tone of it (after spending a while dialing it in, the crunch channel was hard to get a nice tone from)

And the Bugeras are a little more expensive, so I'd probably have to order from the US.

Thoughts?
333XL is an amazing amplfiier.
I own one myself and mave not found a better tone elsewhere.
But that's my taste.

I could make you clips if you like?

EDIT: I would actually be willing to go on webcamera and test it our for you somewhat in person so you can give me the type of tone you are looking to get from it.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jul 28, 2009,
If you wouldn't mind, that'd be excellent. What's the noise gate and the line out like? Have you had any problems with it?

I know the noise gate on my Vypyr is a bitch. lol
I'd cost way more to get the thing shipped from US to Aussie land dude..
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Are you going to be gigging or no?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
bucketmark - Even just the amp head? To buy the head for the 333 here it's like 975AUD. You could do the currency conversion and add $200AUD postage and still be under that. (I think)

splamron - In all likelihood, it is possible I'll be gigging in the immediate future.
Well if your going to be gigging, I'd choose the 333xl personally, ht-5 as a home practise amp.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
bucketmark - Even just the amp head? To buy the head for the 333 here it's like 975AUD. You could do the currency conversion and add $200AUD postage and still be under that. (I think)

Please, dont pay that much.

Here:
Bugera 333XL

It is a demo unit, but it should play good as new. You get the full warranty aswell. And the bonus of it being a 333XL model, rather than just a 333. The 333XL is a bit more versatile, as it is based on Peavey's JSX.

If your gigs will be miced, id say go the HT-5. But if not, you better get the Bugera. Personally, i prefer the 333XL over any of Bugera's other models.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by slickerthnsleek

splamron - In all likelihood, it is possible I'll be gigging in the immediate future.

I was once naive like you.

Your forgetting a lot of things like import taxes, customs and GST. Also constantly changing exchange rates will turn profit into loss.

Trust me, i've experienced it. I imported my Schecter felling so smug because (i thought) i saved hundreds when in the end i wasted two months and i ended up spending 50 more than if i bought from Billy Hyde. I probably could have even bargained them down too.

Unless we're talking ridiculously overprices amps like a Mesa Boogie Roadking or something than its not worth it.
BurnTheDusk - Okay. =] Yeah, ready.
splamron - If I could afford both I would. I was thinking that maybe later I could buy the HT5 head and just use it through the Bugera cab.
DiizZ - I wasn't planning to pay that much, lol. Thanks for that link, that's heaps helpful
TommyB22 - Fair enough. Usually I only import pedals, so yeah.
Last edited by slickerthnsleek at Jul 28, 2009,
Sorry about that, my net was going slow as. I'll download AIM and post in here when it's installed, should only be a moment.
Makes sence as i live in jupiter.

You think YOUR exchange rate sucks
Try paying for a 612 Tube into celestions setup in juprettes

BTW, do you just have the stock tubes in yours? What I was hearing of the clean channel sounded nice.
Untill I get money for some Sovteks, yes they are.
The cleans are beautifull.
My main part I like about the amo.
A little better than fenders to me when I Eq it good.
Yeah, I didn't play much with the clean channel, but with a reverb it sounded nice, got some nice crunch with an OD.

The main concern I had was the crunch channel, had to dial it in for ages. Could you get a nice G'N'R kind of tone from it?

Have you tried the line out on it?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Yeah, I didn't play much with the clean channel, but with a reverb it sounded nice, got some nice crunch with an OD.

The main concern I had was the crunch channel, had to dial it in for ages. Could you get a nice G'N'R kind of tone from it?

Have you tried the line out on it?

I use the line out ALL of the time.
Recording my guitar and keyboards goes throught this thing
And i can GnR probably
So I take it that it's pretty good then? Goes well plugged into the line in of the computer?
That was what drew me to the HT5 in the first place, the line out. And it has an FX loop too... if it can get some nice, crunchy tones (which the EL84s probably do better than the 6L6s in the one I tried) as well as the nice metal tones I got the other day then I'll be pretty much sold on it.
Stop complaining, it took 15 millicycles to transmit aim onto my computer.

Because i live on jupier
EDIT: While you're waiting should I explain my setup?
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jul 28, 2009,
It's installing now, will be on in a few minutes =]

Question for everyone else: Why doesn't the 6262 have a line out?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
It's installing now, will be on in a few minutes =]

Question for everyone else: Why doesn't the 6262 have a line out?

It's a 5150 + clone and that amp lacks a line out?
BurnTheDusk is an absolute legend and a fantastic guitarist.

You can sig that if you want. :p

Pretty much settled on the 333XL, now I need to find a cheapish yet good cab to go with it.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
BurnTheDusk is an absolute legend and a fantastic guitarist.

You can sig that if you want. :p

Pretty much settled on the 333XL, now I need to find a cheapish yet good cab to go with it.

mmmm maybe.