So I've finally decided to travel back to my roots and start playing my bass again.

I happen to HATE my Fender rumble 100..

And since I've been playing guitar for the past year or so I've learned alot about guitar amps and head and such, but not so much about bass amps.

Ideally, I'd like a tube bass amp, but seeing as how most of those are in the 1500-2500 dollar price range, they are out of the question..

I've been looking at the Markbass mark 2's and mark 3's which I think sound very nice but im not sure about. What are some opinions on them?

Im also curious as to what is good when it comes to cabinets with bass amps.

I'd like these speakers to be able to really push my low strings, I like that deep punchy clear rumble.

Im a little skeptical about 2x10's being able to push the sound that I want, but then agian, I may be surpised. I'd like 4x10, but no way am I going to be able to affored them.

So give me some opinions, Im all ears. Feedback is much appreciated!
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Don't bother with pure tube heads for bass because there is no point. The main reason why guitarists like tube amps is because of the way tubes overdrive, which is not a good quality for a bass amp. Markbass make pretty good amps from what I know, but there are lots of other great, cheaper options. My favorite bass head is probably the Traynor Dynabass 400H/800H. It's one of the most feature filled, great sounding heads out there IMO. Ashdown also make great cheaper heads. As for cabs, a lot of it depends on the maker. There are some 2x10s that sound thunderous and some can't handle the lows too well. I would try to get a ported cab so that the lows are well handled. Look into a 1x15. Ampeg cabs are great and are pretty much the "standard", but there plenty of other great cab makers out there (Eden, etc...).
Try posting this in the bass forum. Most people on GG&A don't know very much about bass gear.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Thanks, Ill, try posting in bass forums.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410