CommunistBear
UG's Communist Animal
327 IQ
Can anyone give me some good amp settings for ska? Stuff like the Beat as well as stuff like Leftover Crack and The Specials.

I didn't find anything under the search bar.

Keep skanking.
"I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting."
Mack56
mackabre
1,078 IQ
if you're playing ska, you're gonna want to crank the Suck knob. that should take care of everything.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by devourthekitten
Full distortion, full bass, no treble or mids. Also get a flanger.

You're retarded. You use a ring modulator for ska, not a flanger.
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
Quote by Mack56
if you're playing ska, you're gonna want to crank the Suck knob. that should take care of everything.

devourthekitten
UG Monkey
2,088 IQ
Quote by werty22
You're retarded. You use a ring modulator for ska, not a flanger.

Shut the fuck up. I've never heard a ska song that doesn't use heavy flanging/distortion.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by devourthekitten
Shut the fuck up. I've never heard a ska song that doesn't use heavy flanging/distortion.

YOU shut the **** up. I'VE never heard a REAL ska song that doesn't use heavy ring modulation. I bet you listen to ****ty third-wave that all sounds the same and doesn't use ring modulation.
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by Mack56

I like ska, but I admit that was funny.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by werty22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0n0UTunK5Y

A ring modulator is a device that makes a musical instrument sound like a dying robot.

wtf!?!

I would use that maybe for a part that lasted no more than 30 seconds in a song. It looks like you could get pretty cool sounds out of it if you messed with it, but it seems pretty pointless. Sounds like one of those really old voice changer megaphones.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Babaca
78 IQ
For Leftover Crack sound, you'll need to have an amp with 2 channels - one for clean, and one for distorted. For the clean channel, you want to keep your treble around 4-6 (depending on how bright your amp can get), your mid about 8, and your bass about 6. For the distorted channel, keep your treble around 5-6, your mid cranked to 10, and your bass around 6. Also, for the clean channel, keep the gain low, you want a very clean, pure tone. For the distorted channel, you don't want your gain too high, anywhere from 3-5, depending on how ballsy your amp is.

I don't claim this to be the best guitar tone, but I did used to listen and play Leftover Crack alot and I found this to be most accurate.
Rancid Ivy
connard de canard
1,355 IQ
Quote by bucketned
What The Hell Is Ska Music

You should read the ska noob thread.

By ska you mean ska punk or just plain ska?
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
bucketned
last wave rocker
398 IQ
Quote by Rancid Ivy
You should read the ska noob thread.

By ska you mean ska punk or just plain ska?

lawl

babaca's settings are pretty good.
I just tried them out on my amp