Hey,

This is not a slipknot hating nor is it a slipknot loving thread!!

I'm just wondering what do people hate about slipknot. Is it the drums, guitars or what? And plz say why u hate what hate and can you compare slipknot to a band that you do like and tell me why you like that band better?

The purpose of this post is so that i can see the how different bands have different sounds.
So please....please don't post any slipknot hating or slipknot loving stuff here if you're not going to answer my question. As soon as sumone says sumthing like "slipknot rules" some other guy will probably reply offensively.

thanks
Angst from 30 year olds + dull repetitive riffs + poor drumming + rubbish solos + shouty vocals = band not doing it for me.
Quote by webbtje
Angst from 30 year olds + dull repetitive riffs + poor drumming + rubbish solos + shouty vocals = band not doing it for me.

First post always does seem to sum it up here at UG...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
they're quite boring.
Sure they're catchy and poppy, but they get boring after 3 minutes.
And I don't really dig Corey Taylor's vocals in most of slipknots stuff. He's better in Stonesour.
I'm FAT!
shitgrot
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
they apeal to 12 year old kids who want to be hardcore..... they arent even that heavy or cool.... they songs are boring and their new album sucks complete ass....

bans u should listen to are
1. devildriver
2. veil of maya
3. august burns red
4. job for a cowboy
5. in flames
6. children of bodom
7. enter shikari
8. escape the fate
9.as i lay dying
10. the black dahlia murder
I simply don't like the music I find it very sludgy and fatiguing on the ears. I am much a fan of cleaner, more epic sounding stuff instead. There is definetly talent in the band though, I don't know how you could call Joey Jordison's drumming sloppy...but they need to grow up when they are still moaning about girlfreind's and angst at their ages.

To compare them to my absolute favourite band, Iron Maiden...I would say that I like Maiden's sound more as it is epic, melodic (Whilst still heavy and energetic) and avoids completely any emoish topics in the lyrics...in short it is just more "mature"
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by turtlewax at Jul 28, 2009,
i used to like slipknot until i listened to better stuff. slipknots guitar sound is remotely similiar to the tone of morbid angel's to me, however morbid angel does it MUCH better. plus slipknots tuning to low B on standard string instruments makes the guitars really muddy sounding, and add to that to me thier riffs are boring. oh plus their bass player is pretty much non-existant since you can never hear him. i will admit joey does have alot of talent though
Quote by metalman1310
they apeal to 12 year old kids who want to be hardcore..... they arent even that heavy or cool.... they songs are boring and their new album sucks complete ass....

1. devildriver
2. veil of maya
3. august burns red
4. job for a cowboy
5. in flames
6. children of bodom
7. enter shikari
8. escape the fate
9.as i lay dying

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD

I lol'ed too

Personally, I love the Iowa album, a lot of their self titled and a few from Vol. 3. It's all in personal taste. I like the chaotic, unrefined sound they have. I listen to them every now and then.....and when I met my girlfriend she noticed my Slipknot jacket which sparked our first conversion.

EDIT: I love how Slipknot is boring and teenagers listen to them to be hardcore but As I Lay Dying is good **** man.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by BassPlayerJai
i will admit joey does have alot of talent though

If by 'talent' you actually mean 'mediocrity', yes.

1. devildriver
2. veil of maya
3. august burns red
4. job for a cowboy
5. in flames
6. children of bodom
7. enter shikari
8. escape the fate
9.as i lay dying

Ah so everyone else was thinking it too? Its true, for someone to diss Slipknot and then go on to recomend these 10 bands is quite lol worthy. Even though I am not a Slipknot fan these guys are arguably much worse
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by turtlewax at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by webbtje

There are first posts that make me say I wish that I could edit that, and there are first posts that me say I wish the thread was closed after this because everything else in the thread is pointless this is one of those first posts.
Quote by webbtje

Why did anyone post after this?
Quote by metalman1310

1. devildriver
2. veil of maya
3. august burns red
4. job for a cowboy
5. in flames
6. children of bodom
7. enter shikari
8. escape the fate
9.as i lay dying

LOL