Page 1 of 2
This is too god damn good to be true I swear. Only if you are 18+ though...

http://www.enmoretheatre.com.au/events/2009/12/31/screamfest-over-18s-only-photo-id-required

We are all familiar with overseas festivals like Wacken and Summer Breeze from Germany, Sweden Rock from Sweden, Ozfest from the US, and Hellfest from France, well now, Australia, we finally have a legitimate Heavy Metal Festival to call our own – Screamfest!

With 9 international acts and 10 local artists performing over two days; commencing on New Year’s Eve and concluding on New Year’s Day, this will be an EVENT that will see in the New Year. This will be an EVENT that will create history for Heavy Metal in this country.

These acts includes Darker Half, Vanishing Point, Synperium, Spawn of Possession, Rotting Christ, Ensiferum, Sonata Arctica, Destruction, Defamer, Universum, Killrazer, Virgin Black, Eyefear, Eote, Black Majesty, Cynic, Destroyer 666, Dark Funeral and Edguy. (Line up is subject to change)

Be part of history in the making, see in the New Year in style, come in and scream the house down!

Holy crap?
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Magero
I've been posting the flyer in the chat thread for a week now
h*flyer*
Already planning on using my tax return to go to this.
I am me. Live with it.
i'm definately going. it will be awesome.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Strange lineup. 3 good bands, the rest are fairly crap if you ask me. Still, good to see a bit of diversity I suppose.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Strange lineup. 3 good bands, the rest are fairly crap if you ask me. Still, good to see a bit of diversity I suppose.

Check out Killrazer and Defamer.
Killrazer sound like new Exodus or something, not my bag. Defamer - not too shabby.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold

In realising Australia see's very little of this magnitude I think its pretty damn good. Be a good way to spend new years too!
I am me. Live with it.
Second day is AA.
First night is still 18+, but there will be limited AA tickets released on Thursday through Ticketek for day 2.
Which includes;
12.15pm - 12.45pm: DEFAMER
1.05pm - 1.35pm: UNIVERSUM
1.55pm - 2.25pm: KILLRAZER
2.45pm - 3.15pm: VIRGIN BLACK
3.35pm - 4.05pm: EYEFEAR
4.25pm - 4.55pm: EOTE
5.15pm - 5.45pm: BLACK MAJESTY
6.10pm - 7.10pm: CYNIC (USA)
7.35pm - 8.35pm: D666 (AUSTRALIA)
9.00pm - 10.00pm: DARK FUNERAL (SWEDEN)
10.25pm - 11.25pm: EDGUY (GERMANY)
I live in Melbourne, and I'm thinking about trekking up for this.
Dark Funeral are one of my favourite BM bands, and ****ing Spawn of Possession! Especially now they've picked up Chalky. Oh man, soggy dream come true.
Plus I've never seen D666, and I don't mind Cynic at all.
My band: Iconic Vivisect

Quote by madbasslover
I think what we can all take away from this is that people should be allowed to listen to whatever they want to as long as we're all the same religion.
If they get a few more local bands like Ouroboros and Psycroptic to play, I'll definately be there
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
They could at least have come up with a better name.
I mean... Screamfest?

Too bad I don't live in Australia though.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by Magero
This is the final lineup
$200 for both days or $130 for one day passes.

oh, dats a shame. I don't think I'll be paying 130 just to see Cynic
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Ive been jizzing about this all week.

Holdin' out for Edguy, Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum, VIRGIN BLACK (soooooo happy they got added), Rotting Christ, Vanishing Point........ more than happy to shell out 200 bones for this.

I dont even post much but i propose a UG meetup of sorts.
Myself and user_ Marskell will be driving down, staying with user_ Internal Chaos and then going to the gig. Kene for any kind of UG meetup.
Arse. If it was a couple of weeks later I could go
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 31, 2009,
All I can say is why did it take so long?
'bout motherfucking time.

Hmm. This or clubbing my first NYE being 18..

tough
Quote by Magero
Myself and user_ Marskell will be driving down, staying with user_ Internal Chaos and then going to the gig. Kene for any kind of UG meetup.

If I manage to get a ticket I'm keen!
I am me. Live with it.
gotta wait till i get my tax back, buy a ticket, and i might send someone my number for a meetup. maybe. if i feel like it. possibly.

i'm still really iffy about meeting people on the net
Quote by B4Dkarma

Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
All I can say is why did it take so long?
'bout motherfucking time.

Hmm. This or clubbing my first NYE being 18..

tough

i dont know if you're being sarcastic or not, but clubbing in sydney is the same every weekend (average), NYE at a club will still be the same ****. Punch Screamfest for sure.
Uh, you should really look forward to Destroyer 666, mate. I saw them not long ago - ****, it was good.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by mattallica
Plus anyone who goes to a club is a massive tool.

$3 drinks + loads of babes beats sitting in an empty bar having $7 schooners any day of the week
Quote by B4Dkarma

Damn good lineup, would love to see Spawn of Possession, Cynic, Destroyer 666, Rotting Christ and Sonata Arctica. To you guys that are going, somebody should film and upload.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Someone told me the two-day passes were sold out. I died a little inside, but I'm unsure of the truth of this.
My band: Iconic Vivisect

Quote by madbasslover
I think what we can all take away from this is that people should be allowed to listen to whatever they want to as long as we're all the same religion.
They appear to be still available. I got mine ordered last night!
I am me. Live with it.
Page 1 of 2