Although, remember to only take 1 string off at a time and then replace it. This keeps tension on the neck.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
Although, remember to only take 1 string off at a time and then replace it. This keeps tension on the neck.

that simply doesn't matter. just take em off and put new ones on...

alternatively just loosen them enough to slide your plate out and slide the new one in.
Thank you please.
if you want to put old strings back on, there is something wrong. with you...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by MH400

i really dont understand why you would do this?
how ae you going to clean the fretboard?
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
Quote by WantsLesPaul
The strings are like 2 weeks old...

ok then, but you should have said that.

use the strings for a while, and put the pickguard on next time you change
strings.
is it just differant looking? well then just wait.
or is it new pups? well then buy a new string set. because im sure you want to put the new pups in there.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Yeah,don't bother putting old strings on there.They die pretty quick after being jerked around like that.Or if your skilled like me,you don't need to take the strings off to get to your scratchplate.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Folks, before jumping all over TS we need more info.
What kind of bridge do you have? If it is a floating bridge then you only want to change one or two strings at a time. But if you are changing the bridge pickup on a telecaster, then you might have to remove all the strings.

It is possible to put the same strings back on if you originally wound them with enough length. It is hard to use the same strings and keep good tune afterward, but it can be done.
if you have a strat with trem. just loosen the strings so there is no tension on them at the same time loosen the springs. And just swap the whole bridge out. change your pickguard and then put the bridge back on and adjust it. Voila same strings different pickguard.