Page 1 of 2
hey guys, i just saw robert trujillo of metallica play and damn he looked awesome with his bass so low. how does he play it when its practically down to his shins? wouldnt he get carpal tunnel. it looks brutal tho
He has the bass down low, but he keeps the neck up quite high so it's almost pointing towards the ceiling. His monkey stance also helps I imagine.

I also second what Elliot said above

stratkat
They say that brutality is really just a measure of the person's Midi-chlorian count in their bloodstream..
He has really long arms and he crouches a little.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
If you want to look brutal and not have your bass low you can always buy a BC Rich or wear face paint
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by Rywad
If you want to look brutal and not have your bass low you can always buy a BC Rich or wear face paint

...not quite.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
...not quite.

Yeah but what I ask is why people care what they look like, clearly its all about the sound your producing and usually when you go for the whole trying to look 'br00tal' you end up playing simple stuff while concentrating more on how you look. It's a bit.. Stupid.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by Rywad
Yeah but what I ask is why people care what they look like, clearly its all about the sound your producing and usually when you go for the whole trying to look 'br00tal' you end up playing simple stuff while concentrating more on how you look. It's a bit.. Stupid.

Most people who have that look aren't trying, they're just having fun.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by joehhy
They say that brutality is really just a measure of the person's Midi-chlorian count in their bloodstream..

It is possible that he was concieved by brutal...
his long arms help.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
he's got long reach. but I dont think you need a really low bass for teh Br00talz

jumping/headbanging/overall menacing demeanor>bass height
no sig for joo
how can anyone play bass when the bass is like upright and perpendicular to the fretting hands lol
Quote by dNWaKE
how can anyone play bass when the bass is like upright and perpendicular to the fretting hands lol

People manage with double basses pretty fine.
Quote by matttehbassist
he's got long reach. but I dont think you need a really low bass for teh Br00talz

Jumping off the bandwagon, tbh IMO I think jumping/headbanging/overall menacing demeanor would just look silly. I dunno why, but I can never imagine a bassist with the bass high up look teh Br00t4lz.. Rob has it in his blood.

His large arms and crouching helps a bit too.
Quote by matttehbassist

Jumping off the bandwagon, tbh IMO I think jumping/headbanging/overall menacing demeanor with a bass quite high would just look silly. I dunno why, but I can never imagine a bassist with the bass high up look teh Br00t4lz..

Rob is epically brutal though.. Cannot do backing vocals for **** though.

His large arms and crouching helps with the bass that low anyways.

Although this guy, Stephan Fimmers from Necrophagist can look br00t4lz, but its just in a different way, its more in his playing than his looks.

Okay I admit that's a bad picture to refer to teh br00t4lz but still

EDIT: Whoa I use br00t4lz too much..
Last edited by Lollage123 at Jul 28, 2009,
You can be in pink tutu(or w/e that thing is called) and still be hell br00tal, its the way you act, not how low can you go or how you look. Perfect example: 99% of bands with "br00tal" corpse paint look more gay than br00tal.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Quote by Lollage123

sort of off-topic, but what sort of bass is that?

also, you don't need to wear your bass low to be brutal. You're playing ultimately determines it. Personally, I can't play nearly as well with my bass low. I have it up higher, and that lets me flip out more without affecting what I's playing
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
^ its a vigier.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Having a bass low down isn't metal, having a bass low down is grungy/shoegazey. If you want to tear up the stage you can't have a guitar knocking about your knees.
Quote by Rywad

brutality thy name is...

Gene Simmons
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i think the bass is easier to play slung low than a guitar. the guitarists from Killswitch Engage jack thiers up about nipple high. Hetfield throws his low. Pastorious was tit high too (he he). I say just throw it on and have fun!!
pfft did Geezer Butler use a BC Rich? No. Did Geezer Butler wear facepaint? No. Ergo Geezer Butler isn't as brutal as Gene Simmons
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
to me Martin Mendez,Steve Di Giorgio, Alex Webster are TEH TROO BR00TALZ because they play good, they don't have to play with bc rich basses or black metal shape basses and they have a great stage pressence

this Di giorgio when he played with Sadus here in Caracas 2 years ago and to me is teh Brootalz and he played in that gig with a Bongo and a Stingray because his equipment got lost in Costa Rica

edit: the photos I took them with my cel phone camera
Last edited by thegiaco2112 at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by skater dan0
pfft did Geezer Butler use a BC Rich? No. Did Geezer Butler wear facepaint? No. Ergo Geezer Butler isn't as brutal as Gene Simmons

Geezer Butler poops brutal and you know it.
Quote by thegiaco2112
to me Martin Mendez,Steve Di Giorgio, Alex Webster are TEH TROO BR00TALZ because they play good, they don't have to play with bc rich basses or black metal shape basses and they have a great stage pressence

Alex Webster holds his bass almost upright. Behold:

I hear he's too nice in person to be br00tal
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Geezer Butler and Robert Trujillo can't be br00tal, their bands don't annoy me.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Page 1 of 2