Ok so a mate of mine (NOT ME) is on the hunt for a new amp, thing is he plays keyboard as well as Guitar.

my real question if you run a Keyboard through a Guitar amp is it going to **** it good and proper?

Cheers

- Matt
Keyboard amps generally use a 15' speaker,probably because 12's can't handle the lows.Both keyboardists from wolfmother (old and new) run their keyboards into their bass amps,so perhaps get a bass cab?
There's nothing wrong with using 10's for guitar,I haven't found that they lose highs,just handles the lows better if your tuning down.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Myband did this with it stragight into the input and sounded fine even on the lower notes and didnt sound like it would do any damage to the speaker at all so i wouldnt worry really.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
I did this on my old amp with a pod in front of it, sounded cool with all the effects. The speakers were fine as far as I could tell.
I've seen it done before, worked fine
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
As long as you keep it at bedroom volume, there shouldn't be any problems
Quote by Sguit
As long as you keep it at bedroom volume, there shouldn't be any problems

The internal speakers of a keyboard usually suffice for bedroom volumes. One of the bands I've promoted has done it at a gig level through a 4X12
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Guitar speakers cut too much highs and lows to properly represent the keyboards sounds. There's also the possibility that some really fat sounding patches on the keyboard might damage the speaker. Guitar amp + bass cab or PA speakers would work fine.

Plugging into the FX return will keep the keyboard from colouring the tone. There's always keyboard amps or acoustic guitar amps as well..
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Classic Keyboards like the Fender Rhodes were traditionally run into Twin Reverbs so it shouldnt be a problem, but the lows might damage the speaker a bit.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"