I've got a Fender Squier Telecaster and for some annoying reason it keeps giving out a humming sound.

It only happens when I have the volume knob on my guitar turned to the middle.
When I turn it up to full it totally stops and when I turn it down to nothing it stops.

It is definately not the amp because it happens on all amps and never makes this sound on with my other guitar or violin.

It did stop for about a month or so but it's flared up again.

Is this some sort of problem with the guitar's resistor thingy and how can I stop it?

Thanks
sounds like a bit of dirt on the pot, open up the guitar and spray some contact cleaner in there.

atleast your using these controls alot of peeps leave them at 10.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 28, 2009,
Quote by ncl1994
I've got a Fender Squier Telecaster and for some annoying reason it keeps giving out a humming sound.

It only happens when I have the volume knob on my guitar turned to the middle.
When I turn it up to full it totally stops and when I turn it down to nothing it stops.

It is definately not the amp because it happens on all amps and never makes this sound on with my other guitar or violin.

It did stop for about a month or so but it's flared up again.

Is this some sort of problem with the guitar's resistor thingy and how can I stop it?

Thanks

dont put it to middle?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Well being able to turn the volume up and down is really pretty useful.
I'll clean it as best I can, 'cause it's been used helluva lot without getting serviced, cleaned, meanwhile I'll do my best no to break anything
Err, right, turns out it was the cable I was using! How fool of me. I really didn't expect that to be a problem 'cause I paid 30 quid for my cable and when I switch to my five quid one, I works better!