Hi All. My first post here. My Digitech JamMan Looper seems to be frozen. The display will only show "1.2", nothing else. No lights will come on. The Select knob will not change the display. No buttons will work. Zilch. There are no troubleshooting tips in the Owner's manual... Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am assuming you disconnected any power going into it? How old is it/how long have you had it?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Thanks LB. I have disconnected and re-connected the power several times, removed and re-inserted the card several times as well... No change, except when I power it up with no card the display shows "- -". With the card in, it still displays "1.2". How old is it? I have had it a couple of years but have hardly used it. Been too busy playing. But I guess it is out of warranty by now. Might have to buy a new card... what do you reckon? It says to use a "type 1" compact flash card - would a SanDisk work, do you think? Thanks again.
Quote by gasman2607
Hi All. My first post here. My Digitech JamMan Looper seems to be frozen. The display will only show "1.2", nothing else. No lights will come on. The Select knob will not change the display. No buttons will work. Zilch. There are no troubleshooting tips in the Owner's manual... Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

i have got exactly the same problem with my jamman. is keeps blinking 1.2 and 1.

does anybody know anything about this problem. Since gasman2607 didnt get a helpfull repley i thought i'd try again..

PLEASE HELP!
I also have this issue. Display flashes 1.2 when the power is applied then the display reads - - any help is greatly appriciated!!!
I just got an used Jam Man for the rather ridiculous amount of 35 euro (about 45 bucks), without a compact flash card and with a non original power supply. And it's the same, when I power it "1,2" blinks for a moment, then"- -" and none of the controls do anything.
I contacted the Digitech support service, and they told me to use only type I Compact Flash cards, and only the original HPRO PS0913 power supply.
I happen to keep a type I CF from an old camera in apparent good order, and the power supply I have is 9 VAC and 1,3 Amps, same as the original. Told this to the support service in a second message, and they answered suggesting I use the original power supply. This is rather silly, because there is a DC power supply inside the unit working at 5 VDC, which I checked is working correctly, and any transformer (the power supply is nothing more than that) at around 9 V (mine is actually 11 VAC) should be good.
So I don't think Digitech is going to be of much help, and don't know what to try, other than maybe another card.
I have the option of returning the unit, but I think I'm going to keep on investigating. At least is good to know I'm not alone. I'll post anything I discover.
you'd be suprised at how many pedal will not work correctly without the mfr own power supply, EHX has a few pedals like this.

Have you tried using just the battery to power it?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
you'd be suprised at how many pedal will not work correctly without the mfr own power supply, EHX has a few pedals like this.

Have you tried using just the battery to power it?

There's no battery, only power supply. 1,3 amps, even if it's a limit that's not going to be reached, is a lot for a pedal.
But thanks for your post; I might try different transformers.
Hello again. I think I found the problem, though sadly it doesn't help me much because I don't think my unit can be fixed.
Yesterday I found this thread in a forum in French: http://fr.audiofanzine.com/delay-guitare/digitech/JamMan/forums/t.235457,jamman-affiche-1-2.html.
I could decipher it with the automatic translator: one guy complains of the same problem, and finally finds out the problem was in the CF card.
And I believe that's the reason for this: either the card is bad, or the card reader is not working, which is worse and is what's happening to me: upon closer inspection of the insides of the Jam Man, I found most of the pins of the card reader unsoldered from the circuit board, broken because of some strain. I am an electronics engineer and pretty good with a soldering gun, but the pins are so many and so small and my sight has gone so bad with the years that I don't think I'll be able to fix it. Besides, some tracks from the board are broken; too hard for me, and I'm returning the unit tomorrow.
But at last I hope this can be of any help to someone: IT'S THE CARD, GUYS. I knew a few volts AC more or less could not make any difference and, as always, the claim to use only original power supplies is rather stupid. Volts are volts.
I can confirm the above. its not the card its the actual drive attached to the mother board. The pins were also lifted on mine, I tried to solder and when i held the card in the correct place all lights flashed on like it was going to work, for a second, then went away. So I went crazy and soldered everything. Now I dont even get anything on the display.

Bit of bugger like.