a friend of mines dad died a while back. He played guitar and left a 67 Fender Mustang and an ovation acoustic. He has two younger sisters. He could care less about the guitar and his two younger sisters play with them and beat the crap out of them. Last time i was over there i picked up the mustang out of its open hardshell case and was like "Awesome" I asked him were the acoustic was and he said in his sisters room. I didnt even want to see it but he said all the strings r broke. Im afraid the Mustang is next and will never go back to being played again. There is now way i could ever get them to give it up so ill just turn my head and weap quietly lol.

So UG do yall have any stories like this? Post em here
Quote by Truckinbilly824
a friend of mines dad died a while back. He played guitar and left a 67 Fender Mustang and an ovation acoustic. He has two younger sisters. He could care less about the guitar and his two younger sisters play with them and beat the crap out of them. Last time i was over there i picked up the mustang out of its open hardshell case and was like "Awesome" I asked him were the acoustic was and he said in his sisters room. I didnt even want to see it but he said all the strings r broke. Im afraid the Mustang is next and will never go back to being played again. There is now way i could ever get them to give it up so ill just turn my head and weap quietly lol.

So UG do yall have any stories like this? Post em here

if it was a jag with mustang bridge i would care
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
if it wasnt his dads guitar i would wave a hundred bucks in his face and get it but i dont think his mom would let me have it
yeah its been sittin forever and it was origianally a blue color. the action is awesome and the neck is smooth i hate to see it get broken or something
Yeah, the necks on Mustangs are fantastic, especially when they're set up with a low action. Was the guitar re-finished or has it changed with time?
My dad gave me his black hummingbird acoustic when I was about 9-10 to learn and i broke it

I know it's not a expensive or rare guitar but I am sad to this day haha.

http://i42.tinypic.com/974mpt.jpg one of those
Screams break the silence
Waking from the dead of night
Vengeance is boiling
He's returned to kill the light
Then when he's found who he's looking for
Listen in awe and you'll hear him

Bark at the moon
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
Yeah, the necks on Mustangs are fantastic, especially when they're set up with a low action. Was the guitar re-finished or has it changed with time?

Well he told me his dad always wanted a black strat. He got that for cheaper and it was the light blue color and it looks like he painted it with a spray can almost but theres a small chip in the bottom right corner and u can see the original color under neath.
Quote by Danny2304
My dad gave me his black hummingbird acoustic when I was about 9-10 to learn and i broke it

I know it's not a expensive or rare guitar but I am sad to this day haha.

http://i42.tinypic.com/974mpt.jpg one of those

lol that would suck "uhh dad is that supposed to happen?"
He never found out it was broken till a few years later I hid it.
Vengeance is boiling

Bark at the moon
Quote by Danny2304
He never found out it was broken till a few years later I hid it.

lol how exactly did u break it? i wouldve hid it too
Well being young and not knowing what I was doing I over tightened the strings and they snapped then the neck became loose after that and came off the body. Never got fixed I think it's still in the attic if I'm sure.
Vengeance is boiling

Bark at the moon
Quote by KoenDercksen
Buy it, if they don't take the offer steal it lol

i considered this but then decided against it lol
Ask your friend to ask his mom/mum about it? Seriously, if the acoustic is broken, then he should at least be able to convince the mother that it could go to a better place...After all, the father wouldn't have wanted it to be broken.

Even if the friend doesn't give a crap about guitars, it's a favour right?
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by AntiG3
Ask your friend to ask his mom/mum about it? Seriously, if the acoustic is broken, then he should at least be able to convince the mother that it could go to a better place...After all, the father wouldn't have wanted it to be broken.

Even if the friend doesn't give a crap about guitars, it's a favour right?

i like the way u think i might try it lol
What happened?
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!